Multi-window support coming in Redstone 2?

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about picking up a phone that supports Continuum to test some potential uses for work. (Currently only have a Lumia 640.) But for what I want to experiment with, mult-window support will be important.

I read last year around the summer and fall timeframe that multi-window support was being demoed and expected to be in the Redstone 2 release. However, I haven't heard anything about that recently, and searching here and in the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview forums, I don't see any recent discussions about it. So is that feature not in current Insider builds (and therefore not coming with RS2)?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't think so, I would've heard about something as big as multi-window - it's probably on Microsoft's Soon(tm) list.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It's been pushed back to RS3, with this new system they're working on. There was a Ask Dan that went over it either last week or the week before where he talked briefly about it.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'm behind on the Ask Dan videos. I figured there was probably something I missed about it.

I'm bummed about that, though, because I was looking forward to a justification for upgrading to some newer hardware. With it being pushed off to RS3, it's not worth it to me to pick up a new W10M phone at the moment. I guess there are some positives; at least I don't have to struggle with the Alcatel vs Elite x3 vs maybe Lumia 950/XL question now, and my wife will be happy that I'm not spending any money :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans