What's your Continuum Setup?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Take care @fatclue_98 and do keep safe

... !
Thank you. Taking a break right now and I'm whooped. I've been paying close attention to the wildlife and there have only been a couple of squirrels running around. Haven't heard a bird chirp since yesterday and that scares the bejeezus out of me.

I'm either going to drown from the storm surge or from all the water I have stored inside. I'll post when I can, it's all downhill from here on out.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
@fatclue_98, I hope Monday morning finds you safe and well!
Thanks big guy. We didn't get the direct hit from the eye but we were on the dirty side of the storm anyway. No structural damage that I could see but tree services have job security for some time.

T-Mobile is squarely on my s**t list because only 2 towers serving all of southern Dade County had power. Verizon and AT&T all had backup power and I was able to contact family members and let them know we were ok. It's Tuesday and I'm finally online 😫 but still without power and internet.

When, not if, there's another storm I'm getting a Verizon prepaid burner. The Uncarrier is very unsmart.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks big guy. We didn't get the direct hit from the eye but we were on the dirty side of the storm anyway. No structural damage that I could see but tree services have job security for some time.

T-Mobile is squarely on my s**t list because only 2 towers serving all of southern Dade County had power. Verizon and AT&T all had backup power and I was able to contact family members and let them know we were ok. It's Tuesday and I'm finally online ?????? but still without power and internet.

When, not if, there's another storm I'm getting a Verizon prepaid burner. The Uncarrier is very unsmart.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

Happy to hear you and the family are OK:smile:, and survived without property damage, those are big "WINS" in any column!!!!!

Cheers, to sunny days in Miami:wink:

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Two setups for a Lumia 950.

1. At desk, Microsoft Continuum Dock with 25 inch monitor and USB Microsoft Comfort keyboard/mouse combo.
2. In my bag, a Microsoft wireless receiver (with dongles for HDMI to VGA), Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard, and Microsoft Designer Mouse.

Often I am using Continuum in classes to give lectures, since it is more reliable than the antiquated and barely supported classroom computers. In addition it is often easier to simply reach up and plug the MS wireless receiver into the open HDMI port on the projector than try to figure out where the cables in the room are screwed up.

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 950
MS Display Dock
Samsung 1080p 27" monitor
MS comfort keyboard mouse combo with dongle in dock.

On the go I use a MS Display Adapter with BT MS Sculpt mouse and BT MS Wedge keyboard

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Off topic question, but do my fellow continuum users think we'll see any more updates for the dock? I think the last one took us up to 4.0 back in December 2015. Since then....crickets.

I'm just updating my Lumia 950 to the fall creators update and am told continuum has some improvements. Any big improvements to get excited about? :)

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the updates were mostly geared towards the X3.

I'm holding on to my dock because as W10A comes online, those USBC equipped ARM devices can likely use it as a dock too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss