Cooling the phone while using Continuum

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So it's quite obvious that the phones are going to heat up while using Continuum but I believe that can be solved by cooling your phone down. I had a fan (not made for this purpose) and it drains batteries so quickly that it basically becomes unusable (can't buy new batteries all the time) even though it's efficient at cooling down my 950. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any other way of cooling the phone? Any help would be much appreciated.

73blazer

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
My 950xl.heated up like a catalytic converter when in continuum.mode either charging or not. My elite x3 doesn't seem to get barely warm in continuum.mode.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Previously with the screen left on my phone would get exceptionally hot. Then I used blackout for continuum, which just blacks out the screen while using continuum (truth in advertising :D ). That reduced the heat a lot. I haven't used continuum recently; did the updates add in the ability to turn off the screen while in use?

Are you using a dock of any sort, or just miracast/bluetoothing everything? If the dock has an open usb port, a usb fan would be the way to go, I think. If you aren't connected to power, than draining that battery is adding a LOT of extra heat.

ashyu

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Previously with the screen left on my phone would get exceptionally hot. Then I used blackout for continuum, which just blacks out the screen while using continuum (truth in advertising :D ). That reduced the heat a lot. I haven't used continuum recently; did the updates add in the ability to turn off the screen while in use?
Yes, in recent versions, you can turn off the phone screen manually using the power button without having it disconnect from the main display. So no need for Blackout for Continuum anymore!

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Really a nonissue now, with Creator Update the screen goes passive and even my 950 doesn't significantly warm up.

My 950 is barely warm. I prefer the performance of the 950 XL though. 950 hasn't been the best with continuum. Running 15254.1 fast ring. As you say, the last few builds have been better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb