W10P Dock & LG V20

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I use a Windows Phone Dock at work to handle personal stuff using my retired Idol 4S continuum function. Today I plugged in my V20 to charge and was shocked when it recognized the keyboard, mouse and monitor!! Wow! The keyboard and mouse functioned perfectly and phone screen was duplicated on monitor. Not quit continuum, but the W10M dock was functioning with my V20. Anyone try this yet? Is there an app to scale display for larger monitors?

Last edited:

RicaChero

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So....that's where the problems start. Unfortunately, mimicking Continuum on the V20 is much more limited. Not appwise, per say, but basically no apps work differently than an oversized phone screen.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Yes, oversize phone screen with keyboard and mouse input. The novelty wore off quickly, and the dock is now in a drawer and not being used. I've also given up on continuum and my Idol 4S is serving as a GPS and back-up phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The V20 supports USB-OTG which allows it to see your keyboard and mouse. LG is also one of the few Android OEMs that still supports MHL which allows wired HDMI-out. As you mentioned, it's only a mirror of your screen, not a desktop experience like Continuum.

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This is major problem Android hasn't addressed, and that Continuum (followed by CShell) was designed for. Android can be scaled up to a tablet experience, but it doesn't handle going between two experiences on the fly. The Android experiences that do mimic Continuum for now (Dex, the new Mate 10) have very specialized experiences that are OEM proprietary. It is one of the best things about my 950 to me. I use the wireless and wired functionalities on a daily basis and even the tablet experience of my Nexus 7 through miracast is a poor shadow of functionality.

Arkhipkin

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I use a Windows Phone Dock at work to handle personal stuff using my retired Idol 4S continuum function. Today I plugged in my V20 to charge and was shocked when it recognized the keyboard, mouse and monitor!! Wow! The keyboard and mouse functioned perfectly and phone screen was duplicated on monitor. Not quit continuum, but the W10M dock was functioning with my V20. Anyone try this yet? Is there an app to scale display for larger monitors?

You can try Sentio Android App, it is some kind of Desktop experience for ANdroid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb