Samsung Dex dock and continuum on lumia 950 series phones how get it to work

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello:

just on the weekend i got an DEX station dock for my lumia 950 XL since in my country Microsoft did not cared of bring the dock or the latest lumia phone and import it via an local postal service that have an Miami PO box so got in an local store in my country the dex dock since many videos tell and shows that works, i decided get mine .

i got it the device and plugged with the lumia charger and did not worked at all, also i used an QI 2.0 charger made by huawei and other xiaomi charger and nothing worked so yesterday i posted an question on the forum , no idea if got an answer but also i have an samsung S7 and tried with the charger of the S7 and started to work just ok , only now i have no idea why have no audio going via HDMI to my TV only is the audio via my phone i guess is an glitch of wm 10 or certain uncompatibility with DEX dock but after all the ethernet connection works and the usb ports too .

so if you get a dex dock also get an spare USB C cable and an samsung S7 charger the one with adaptative charger for make it work.

greetings
Francisco

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting. It seems the Samsung DEX dock uses the same tech as Microsoft's one so it makes sense that the 950 phone series would work. What happens exactly when you connect it all up? Can you give more information, like a video?

There are several videos on YouTube with it working, so it has to be able to work.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
well just launch the desktop image and well can work with certain continuum made apps but too can set up as mirroring what is your phone showing, so far have plugged to the ports an edifier USB speakers and works just fine, althought the audio volume is not louder in certain things is ok works,

RicaChero

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So I have looked into it. DeX is very proprietary. It is unfortunate that the DeX station only works 100% well with an S8/S8+/Note 8. USB connections don't carry well because the Samsung phones use a specific system that only works with the DeX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12