Microsoft has gone too far.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Cortana reminds me of some scary cyborg from a sci-fi show. It learns what you do, where you go, who you are, who and what you know, something that no piece of technology should ever know about you (No, I do not use Facebook).

I'm going to get my WP 8.1, turn off the location services,turn off all of the Cortana tracking features (Hopefully this can be done), and enjoy 8.1. I hate to disable the best feature WP 8.1 has, but I value my privacy over a nice-looking app that talks.

The last thing I want MS to do is send my location data, people I know, etc to the government...

By the way, thanks for crashing my profits, MS... (Signature). I guess i'll have to work on a Cortana exploit to make up the loss.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Cortana reminds me of some scary cyborg from a sci-fi show. It learns what you do, where you go, who you are, who and what you know, something that no piece of technology should ever know about you (No, I do not use Facebook).

I'm going to get my WP 8.1, turn off the location services,turn off all of the Cortana tracking features (Hopefully this can be done), and enjoy 8.1. I hate to disable the best feature WP 8.1 has, but I value my privacy over a nice-looking app that talks.

The last thing I want MS to do is send my location data, people I know, etc to the government...

By the way, thanks for crashing my profits, MS... (Signature). I guess i'll have to work on a Cortana exploit to make up the loss.

And I thought I was paranoid when I deleted my vine and Instagram. You need to relax. This is to benefit you and all the consumers and brings Microsoft parity with other operating systems. Government knows where you are anyways because of cellular networks and the fact all cellphones in the U.S. have location for 911 built in so they can find you in case of an emergency. So you already lost on the location front, by getting a smartphone in the first place.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
and Microsoft was really pushing the new Kinect for Windows and Kinect 2.0, basically cameras are pervasive so deal with it - was my take on Microsoft's(Myerson) stance. ""This is the future of interactions with computers, the cameras will be pervasive"

MicrosoftFoLife

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
And I thought I was paranoid when I deleted my vine and Instagram. You need to relax. This is to benefit you and all the consumers and brings Microsoft parity with other operating systems. Government knows where you are anyways because of cellular networks and the fact all cellphones in the U.S. have location for 911 built in so they can find you in case of an emergency. So you already lost on the location front, by getting a smartphone in the first place.

Exactly. If they want info on you, they don't need Cortana to get it.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if you can ask oddball/creepy questions to it like Siri and she responds with snarky/clever responses.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if you can ask oddball/creepy questions to it like Siri and she responds with snarky/clever responses.

In the keynote Joe asked what the story was for the next Halo game and Cortana responded by saying that he probably doesn't have the correct security clearance for that information, so my guess would be yes you can.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I WANT Cortana to learn everything about me. I want Microsoft to use this information and make a beast out of this. They've done us a favour. This is innovation. It is like pain killers - they are good as long as you don't go for the overdose. It is upto us to decide what happens with this but fears like these will stop innovation and I will never see those Sci-Fi scenes becoming reality. I want to be able to teach my grandkids all these stuff. It needs to happen faster.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
1. People concerned with privacy can turn Cortana off.
2. People who haven't heard of Halo and Cortana will think the name is cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99