Microsoft has gone too far.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I find most who are in the "Tin Foil Hat" club need to chill out.

I don't wish to insult any person. However as long as you are not hoarding c4 or other things like that, you have no worry.

Lets just state this out in the open.....Obama does not want to listen to you eat your corn flakes.......or round you up and put you into a prison camp.

I have heard these same claims by the very same people going back to Jimmy Carter. The end has been near for a very long time now.

When Clinton was in office I used to listen to Shortwave radio ( as a hobby), there was a pre Alex Jones type guy named Buck or Bo( forget last name), who was saying that the end was near The Government was going to end freedom. Oh and by the way the same people bought the ads on that show, as they do now......Freeze dried food, and silver and gold to be ready for the fall of the dollar.

Yes buy our items "with US dollars...not silver or gold" so you can be ready.......hummmmmmmmm

The funny thing is, it does not matter who sits in Office...these nuts just switch it over to the new person and claim "this time" freedom ends.

So now it's all about information.

Well simple rule to follow....don't plan to blow anybody up, and you will live a happy life never looked at by the Government.

As for Google and Microsoft knowing my habits, it's how they are getting their money by seeing what I looked at so they can send ads my way to get me to spend money on things I am interested in.

If you are so worried about The Evil Powers knowing all.......Close all your free e-mail accounts, stop using the internet and Smart/Feature Phones, cut your cable. Get off the grid, build a shack in the woods with Solar power and don't come back into town.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you met Privacy Pete yet? (Internal MS joke so no one else be worried if you don't get it)

:( alas, I have not. I hear rumors of his demise floating around. But then again, I am kind of segregated from most of MS as I am part of GFS, we kinda do our own thing. :p

They have completely revamped the security training. It's now... ummm... Modernized, if you get my meaning. Kinda sucks on my end as I have to take MS security training PLUS the GFS training, which, most times, is a rehash of MS with a couple added bullet points here and there.

ExaWP

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Cortana reminds me of some scary cyborg from a sci-fi show. It learns what you do, where you go, who you are, who and what you know, something that no piece of technology should ever know about you (No, I do not use Facebook).

I'm going to get my WP 8.1, turn off the location services,turn off all of the Cortana tracking features (Hopefully this can be done), and enjoy 8.1. I hate to disable the best feature WP 8.1 has, but I value my privacy over a nice-looking app that talks.

The last thing I want MS to do is send my location data, people I know, etc to the government...

By the way, thanks for crashing my profits, MS... (Signature). I guess i'll have to work on a Cortana exploit to make up the loss.

Because your phone, your PC and so on are the safest devices on Earth. Calm down, Siri does the same. If the robots will rule the world...wait, they are already doing that. Too late...

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Cortana reminds me of some scary cyborg from a sci-fi show. It learns what you do, where you go, who you are, who and what you know, something that no piece of technology should ever know about you (No, I do not use Facebook).

I'm going to get my WP 8.1, turn off the location services,turn off all of the Cortana tracking features (Hopefully this can be done), and enjoy 8.1. I hate to disable the best feature WP 8.1 has, but I value my privacy over a nice-looking app that talks.

The last thing I want MS to do is send my location data, people I know, etc to the government...

By the way, thanks for crashing my profits, MS... (Signature). I guess i'll have to work on a Cortana exploit to make up the loss.

I understand why you feel like this. As a developer, you may have spent lots of time and resources to finish your 'Speech Personal Assistant' app and Microsoft's Cortana will make it obsolete. This is the reason why you wrote this. As far as I understand if the government needs to track you, they won't let a 'Location on/off' switch stop them.

And if you are genuinely concerned about you privacy, I suggest you turn off the internet in your device. Cheers!

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
:( alas, I have not. I hear rumors of his demise floating around. But then again, I am kind of segregated from most of MS as I am part of GFS, we kinda do our own thing. :p

They have completely revamped the security training. It's now... ummm... Modernized, if you get my meaning. Kinda sucks on my end as I have to take MS security training PLUS the GFS training, which, most times, is a rehash of MS with a couple added bullet points here and there.
Sounds about right.

I haven't been in any of the GFS facilities before...but it does seem almost like a different world from main campus sometimes from what I hear.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

You sound like an upset teen because MS created something that you must have had similar, so now it is "woe is me, boohoo I hate you MS" Nobody is forcing you to use it, just like with Google now and Siri. Remove the tinfoil cap, you are on the internet, so your info is already being sent to someone, somewhere..

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a question.

If he's so worried about privacy, and he doesn't trust Microsoft, why does his own app hook up with Microsoft's services where they would be going... straight to Microsoft.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I one time posted a status that I was going to meet my mother for lunch, but instead of mother I used the word maker ( because you know, my mom did make me). Cops were at my door in 10 mins because someone misinterpreted the status update. If people want to find you, they don't need a stupid siri copy to do so.

I'm glad no one reads my twitter feeds.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I find most who are in the "Tin Foil Hat" club need to chill out.

I don't wish to insult any person. However as long as you are not hoarding c4 or other things like that, you have no worry.

Lets just state this out in the open.....Obama does not want to listen to you eat your corn flakes.......or round you up and put you into a prison camp.

I have heard these same claims by the very same people going back to Jimmy Carter. The end has been near for a very long time now.

When Clinton was in office I used to listen to Shortwave radio ( as a hobby), there was a pre Alex Jones type guy named Buck or Bo( forget last name), who was saying that the end was near The Government was going to end freedom. Oh and by the way the same people bought the ads on that show, as they do now......Freeze dried food, and silver and gold to be ready for the fall of the dollar.

Yes buy our items "with US dollars...not silver or gold" so you can be ready.......hummmmmmmmm

The funny thing is, it does not matter who sits in Office...these nuts just switch it over to the new person and claim "this time" freedom ends.

So now it's all about information.

Well simple rule to follow....don't plan to blow anybody up, and you will live a happy life never looked at by the Government.

As for Google and Microsoft knowing my habits, it's how they are getting their money by seeing what I looked at so they can send ads my way to get me to spend money on things I am interested in.

If you are so worried about The Evil Powers knowing all.......Close all your free e-mail accounts, stop using the internet and Smart/Feature Phones, cut your cable. Get off the grid, build a shack in the woods with Solar power and don't come back into town.

I think I use to listen to that same nutjob con man on shortwave when I was a kid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb