Microsoft has gone too far.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Carrier IQ in the simplest terms is a key logger, used to track usage of the phone for purposes "of making software better" it was/is the carrier not the oe doing it, Verizon and AT&T the biggest user of it. Search XDA there's long threads on it over there.

Wrong. It's supposed to be diagnostic software, hidden from the user, installed on various Android devices which cannot be removed. It is now classified as a rootkit and a security risk. AFAIK it isn't installed on Windows Phones or iPhones.

No your wrong and it can be removed. Search xda developers

I may not know alot about the ijunk and WP but I know android been rooting and moding sense the OG days and still have quite a few android phones G2 Gpro HTC one and nexus5

Yes I know exactly what it is and what it does, it also key logs, as well as the ability to control functions of the phone, the mic camera excetra. This has been discussed in depth on xda and how to completely remove it from the infected apks. Most people have no clue what it does, its far more then what IQ web page tells you, after people started to figure out what it did they backpedaled and said they would remove it because it wasn't hard to find out if you had it on your device, the early versions of it you could see it in the system apps, then they hid it in one app, people figured that one out, called them out on it and then they broke it up, I remember my note 2 it was in the SMS, dialer, and alarm apk. Carrier IQ is a huge invasion of privacy because it loggs absolutely everything your phone does.

This isn't Google, so I trust Microsoft with my "privacy". And they won't send it to the NSA. And even if they do, they'll just see someone staring at a screen...

​Is Carrier IQ still in use?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Carrier IQ in the simplest terms is a key logger, used to track usage of the phone for purposes "of making software better" it was/is the carrier not the oe doing it, Verizon and AT&T the biggest user of it. Search XDA there's long threads on it over there.

Wrong. It's supposed to be diagnostic software, hidden from the user, installed on various Android devices which cannot be removed. It is now classified as a rootkit and a security risk. AFAIK it isn't installed on Windows Phones or iPhones.

No your wrong and it can be removed. Search xda developers

I may not know alot about the ijunk and WP but I know android been rooting and moding sense the OG days and still have quite a few android phones G2 Gpro HTC one and nexus5

Yes I know exactly what it is and what it does, it also key logs, as well as the ability to control functions of the phone, the mic camera excetra. This has been discussed in depth on xda and how to completely remove it from the infected apks. Most people have no clue what it does, its far more then what IQ web page tells you, after people started to figure out what it did they backpedaled and said they would remove it because it wasn't hard to find out if you had it on your device, the early versions of it you could see it in the system apps, then they hid it in one app, people figured that one out, called them out on it and then they broke it up, I remember my note 2 it was in the SMS, dialer, and alarm apk. Carrier IQ is a huge invasion of privacy because it loggs absolutely everything your phone does.

This isn't Google, so I trust Microsoft with my "privacy". And they won't send it to the NSA. And even if they do, they'll just see someone staring at a screen...

AFAIK it is on older handsets, not sure about newer ones. It's only used by American carriers if it's still in use.

I just found this: Carrier IQ

It's own website is still posting updates about it.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
3 seconds to search market, 2 to install, 2 to scan, but I almost got bored waiting...
hybe5umu.jpg

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Cortana reminds me of some scary cyborg from a sci-fi show. It learns what you do, where you go, who you are, who and what you know, something that no piece of technology should ever know about you (No, I do not use Facebook).

I'm going to get my WP 8.1, turn off the location services,turn off all of the Cortana tracking features (Hopefully this can be done), and enjoy 8.1. I hate to disable the best feature WP 8.1 has, but I value my privacy over a nice-looking app that talks.

The last thing I want MS to do is send my location data, people I know, etc to the government...

By the way, thanks for crashing my profits, MS... (Signature). I guess i'll have to work on a Cortana exploit to make up the loss.

Cortana's Notebook to your rescue..!!
You can always delete what Cortana learns about you..??
I hope You knew about it.!

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
youre using a phone, using google chrome, ie, firefox.. you are already being tracked with your cookie crumbs. You have social security, state ID, drivers license, license plate on your car--- cops can track your records with any of those.

No, I don't have a state ID or driver's license. I have cookies disabled and location off.

Ghosting FTW.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't worry about Cortana, the moment you turn your cell phone on you are being tracked, connect to the internet on your PC or any device your are be tracked, data mined and your info is being sifted. And even worse being stored by the NSA indefinitely, it used to be stored for 5 years now it is indefinitely. Not only that when you enter many areas with cameras and video you can be found with facial recognition systems, the only way you are not going to be tracked is living in the wilderness, never using any device that connects to a cell tower or the internet.

good idea, better order my backpack and knife off amazon.

Lol.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
JerseySal,

The issue that stinks to me is most of the sheeple do not care that NSA and other Fed Govt Agencies have a blanket search warrant through the FISA Court for millions and millions warrant-less searches of citizens of the USA and people are worried about Microsoft, Google and other private identities. lol :angry:

Just because someone doesn't care, doesn't mean their sheeple. I heard all about this stuff ten years ago, a I really don't care one bit. Privacy is a pipe dream. Get use to it and enjoy the ride. If you don't like it you can always go live in a cave.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Cortana's Notebook to your rescue..!!
You can always delete what Cortana learns about you..??
I hope You knew about it.!

That brings up a question about the Notebook. If it's saved locally, how will Cortana sync information across devices? Does the Notebook need to be built on each device? If the Notebook is synced between devices, then it's also in the cloud, or at least transferred through the cloud.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
lol if you're so worry about government tracking your data, you should turn off everything starting now. It ain't hard to find anything you do online just you know

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to be tracked by the government, you should strip naked and live in a cave. Otherwise, the government will track you, whether you like it or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre