Cortana for Windows 8/RT?

Bluejay87

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
It looks they are trying to merge Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8/RT to become more like each other, with similar API's etc.

Do we think Cortana will ever come to Windows 8 and RT? How about the Action Center?

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I think if we have cortana on windows, it will come with the new startmenu-tile combo thing which will be in the next update later in this year (so not in the win8.1 update1). Or maybe in windows 9.

teleri69

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
well I know some people with tech skills that would have them pick up the mouse and ask Cortana questions like Scotty from Star Trek if it is on a windows 8 machine

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It looks they are trying to merge Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8/RT to become more like each other, with similar API's etc.

Do we think Cortana will ever come to Windows 8 and RT? How about the Action Center?

I remember reading that MS did say that they plan to bring Cortana to the Xbox and Windows 8 in the near future.

MetalFan777

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I really want her for my Surfaces and desktops. But i also want her to spr?k Norwegian. I Hope they make an effort to translate her to other languages.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup by 2015 - Threshold update, Windows 8, RT(Phone incl), Xbox - all should have it to an extent. Threshold should nearly merge RT-mobile and desktop. Then Microsoft would have one core to manage and all the sub-teams will have one core to work on. So all updates will be on everything eventually. A good time to be on Microsoft's ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos