Can we get Cortana if we change our region to US in early developer preview?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that's something anyone has an answer to at this stage of things.

The dev preview will be out next week, let's wait and see.

Hoss98

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, we first want to know depending on what does Microsoft send updates depending on the country you set on your phone or depending your location services or your product serial number?

if the first, so you will get it when you change the country if the second or the third then you will not.

and I think the first is correct because I sometimes change the country to get some apps and it works but maybe it's different as for updates does anybody have idea????

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, we first want to know depending on what does Microsoft send updates depending on the country you set on your phone or depending your location services or your product serial number?

if the first, so you will get it when you change the country if the second or the third then you will not.

and I think the first is correct because I sometimes change the country to get some apps and it works but maybe it's different as for updates does anybody have idea????
But as we saw in Build, it's a live tile (an app) so I think if we change the region to US we may get it. *fingers crossed*

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
This is how it work in the emulator. If you set the region to US you get Cortana app, otherwise the app is not in list. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo