Cortana not coming until 2015

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
you can always change regions and build on your skills by learning a bit of the american accent......sure the ill informed will say there is no feature and disregard windows phones but if they rreally want they will make the effort and change regions and get features............ a virtual american citizen here.........

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
This is probably because they're going to have to program Cortana to understand retroflex consonants. I don't think people understand why Cortana isn't going to be released everywhere. It's because her programming isn't going to allow her to understand anyone who diverges from standard American English. I wouldn't be surprised if she struggles with people from the South. To be fair, voice recognition isn't easy.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So what will those regions get when pressing the search button? I'm in the US but curious. Will it just be the Cortana app minus the voice commands I'm assuming?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully it comes to Denmark when it comes to the UK! My friend could certainly taunt me with that.

lol I don't think so! we have to wait really long buddy! I'm from Holland so I'll probably be waiting just as long as you :) luckily for me my american accent is great! (my American buddys say so lol) so I'll just switch my region to USA :)

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So what will those regions get when pressing the search button? I'm in the US but curious. Will it just be the Cortana app minus the voice commands I'm assuming?
right now on win phone 8 you get nothing except a bing search .......cant scroll right or left no music identificatons ..........and no interactive BING images those square boxes of info about the picture also missing .....just a vanilla search page that is all...very limited....... can expect the same on win 8.1 with a circling cortana .......not sure

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
right now on win phone 8 you get nothing except a bing search .......cant scroll right or left no music identificatons ..........and no interactive BING images those square boxes of info about the picture also missing .....just a vanilla search page that is all...very limited....... can expect the same on win 8.1 with a circling cortana .......not sure

Oh wow! That's crazy, I didn't realize you guys were already missing so much. Do you at least have Scout, Music, and Vision on the Bing screen?

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Scout is useless when location is turned on as microsoft has no data for indian resturants and stuff like that.....music id is also not present...luckily have set it to US region and hence have it....bing videos that you get by flicking right or left are also fun to watch....hope region parity comes soon....

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Scout is useless when location is turned on as microsoft has no data for indian resturants and stuff like that.....music id is also not present...luckily have set it to US region and hence have it....bing videos that you get by flicking right or left are also fun to watch....hope region parity comes soon....

Nah I meant vision for scanning text or barcodes and such. But still that's a lot of the main functionality I use on a day to day basis I can't believe you guys are going without.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
This is probably because they're going to have to program Cortana to understand retroflex consonants. I don't think people understand why Cortana isn't going to be released everywhere. It's because her programming isn't going to allow her to understand anyone who diverges from standard American English. I wouldn't be surprised if she struggles with people from the South. To be fair, voice recognition isn't easy.

This guy gets it. :)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
lol I don't think so! we have to wait really long buddy! I'm from Holland so I'll probably be waiting just as long as you :) luckily for me my american accent is great! (my American buddys say so lol) so I'll just switch my region to USA :)

I won't have to wait as long as you it seems then. I'm British, and live in the UK. So I'll be getting it come summer time.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

And out of technical curiosity....what about the text option?

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
One of the videos uploaded by wpcentral shows that the search button goes into the same thing like in win phone 8 to open cortana there is tile.... This kind of implementation might be used in regions outaide US .....video of 630 hands on I guess ...dont remember properly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte