Cortana not coming until 2015

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Bing reward for one, is something that Canadians (American's neighbors) don't even have. That's something very useful, of course you could use VPN and stuff to get it but still..

I managed to get it working (bing rewards) by changing search region to US and also setting my account to US ,phone to US ,desktop win 8 to US and now have around 60 credits will be handy in a months time when I can purchase my first app ......

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
MS has been working on the iinfrastructure to support Cortana for a while.

The infrastructure for Cortana is Bing so no they haven't been working on it for a while. As it has been said Bing lacks many features when you step out of the US into rest of the world (at term most people in the US aren't aware of) if they had Bing (the infrastructure) up to speed the delays wouldn't be necessary.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The infrastructure for Cortana is Bing so no they haven't been working on it for a while. As it has been said Bing lacks many features when you step out of the US into rest of the world (at term most people in the US aren't aware of) if they had Bing (the infrastructure) up to speed the delays wouldn't be necessary.

That's another very good point, the infrastructure needs to be in place to allow Cortana to be fully functional outside the US.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
How do you know that? You haven't tested Cortana, it may be better than Now, it may be not.. Plus, it's still in beta..

Irrelevant. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as they say. Google Now exists for me now (sic) and therefore is far better than waiting for some mythical 2015 release date (NINE months?!!).

I wonder what they're smoking over in Redmond. In nine months, there will be a new iPhone, the L version of Android will be out bringing who knows what updates and we in India and other places will still be waiting for Cortana.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get it working (bing rewards) by changing search region to US and also setting my account to US ,phone to US ,desktop win 8 to US and now have around 60 credits will be handy in a months time when I can purchase my first app ......

Wow. All this for one app. Are you feeling very proud of yourself?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Since when is USA, a part of India?

The tone of your posts say nothing but intentional trolling. No wonder it was deleted (if you say so!)
You are running the cheapest handset available on the platform and still have so many complaints? What Android phone in the same range, in India.. forget India, in the world has given you a major OS update BEFORE it reaches other high-end handsets?

There is the great moto g which is great in functionality compared to lumia 520/525.yes it is only few thousands more than lumia it is only 14000 rs.but it has HD display nd corning gorilla glass nd kitkat.by introducing such a phone android has captured even more Indian market.Google now is available for all jb handsets with some limited functionality but Cortana will launch only in 2015 I believe but by that time Google would have come up with its own assistant.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

rohith513

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think windows phone want to grab a high reputation...
First of all features should be given at time of software rolling...
And other thing, they are not doing much better for India..
When Lumia Phone launch first time all people have a craze of Lumia and windows phone, but now its all down, only cheapest Lumia phone are running well...
And still India doesn't got Bing smart search with nearby features...
And now we have to wait for cortana till 2015 crap...
Now I can only wish to have 8.1 update till end of may...
For my lumia 520
That's why Android is well popular every where...
And iOS at mountain top...
Wish my comment shouldn't be deleted by admin again...

rohith513

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think windows phone want to grab a high reputation...
First of all features should be given at time of software rolling...
And other thing, they are not doing much better for India..
When Lumia Phone launch first time all people have a craze of Lumia and windows phone, but now its all down, only cheapest Lumia phone are running well...
And still India doesn't got Bing smart search with nearby features...
And now we have to wait for cortana till 2015 crap...
Now I can only wish to have 8.1 update till end of may...
For my lumia 520
That's why Android is well popular every where...
And iOS at mountain top...
Wish my comment shouldn't be deleted by admin again...
waiting till 2015 is just a crap and still there is no bing smart search and xbox music for India.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

we can use bing rewards to buy wp apps?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There is the great moto g which is great in functionality compared to lumia 520/525.yes it is only few thousands more than lumia it is only 14000 rs.but it has HD display nd corning gorilla glass nd kitkat.by introducing such a phone android has captured even more Indian market.Google now is available for all jb handsets with some limited functionality but Cortana will launch only in 2015 I believe but by that time Google would have come up with its own assistant.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Come back and talk to me when this so awesome handset is updated to next MAJOR OS update. My post wasn't about what specs low end handsets have. My post was about low ends getting major updates. You admitted its higher in price than 520. 520 in India sells for 7500-8000. Your quoted price is 6000 on top. Nearly the price of 2 Lumia 520s. So, it doesn't count. Price match 520 first, then talk major OS updates, then specs.

Not to mention HD display and gorilla glass is common, nothing extra ordinary. Low end Android still needs cores and cores of cores to run without a desire to kill yourself under an elephant foot with rhino picking your nose and porcupine rubbing your cheeks at the same time.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Come back and talk to me when this so awesome handset is updated to next MAJOR OS update.

You evidently aren't familiar with the Moto X & Moto G. They get the updates almost as soon as the Nexus devices, since Motorola is owned by Google (or was). Even Verizon's get the updates quickly!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You evidently aren't familiar with the Moto X & Moto G. They get the updates almost as soon as the Nexus devices, since Motorola is owned by Google (or was). Even Verizon's get the updates quickly!

Nope, I am not. But still would want to wait till that is considered as "low end" handset and then when it gets an update. A handset that is nearly twice the price of WP low end isn't low end competition. But let's say it is, still I will wait till whatever after Kitkat follows on those handsets.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Low end Android still needs cores and cores of cores to run without a desire to kill yourself under an elephant foot with rhino picking your nose and porcupine rubbing your cheeks at the same time.

I thought we had all agreed that Android runs better on low end handsets than WP - as demonstrated by Nokia's choice of AOSP for their 'X'?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Was that sarcasm, if it was you forgot "/s"!!!

No, that was the conclusion we reached in another thread. The claim that "Nokia X is not Android" is debatably true, but not very helpful as most of the code will be the same.
To bring this back on topic, handset performance shouldn't affect Cortana very much, as processing will be done in the cloud. Perhaps Microsoft are delaying the launch of Cortana outside the US partly because a lack of capacity in their data centres, or because the latency to their data centres outside the US is unacceptably high for the service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss