04-11-2014 04:55 PM
77 123 ...
tools
    Cortana not coming until 2015.
    Is this true?
    Check this link guys,

Windows Phone 8.1’s Cortana not coming to India until 2015 - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site
    Quhi likes this.
    04-03-2014 08:44 AM
    It is launching US first with some regions getting it later in 2014, and some getting it in 2015.
    ShadowtheEmo, BIGPADDY and vlad0 like this.
    04-03-2014 08:48 AM
    Hopefully it comes to Denmark when it comes to the UK! My friend could certainly taunt me with that.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-03-2014 09:15 AM
    Most likely in 2015 yeah
    04-03-2014 10:00 AM
    you can always change regions and build on your skills by learning a bit of the american accent......sure the ill informed will say there is no feature and disregard windows phones but if they rreally want they will make the effort and change regions and get features............ a virtual american citizen here.........
    ven07, akshaypn and inteller like this.
    04-03-2014 10:14 AM
    This is probably because they're going to have to program Cortana to understand retroflex consonants. I don't think people understand why Cortana isn't going to be released everywhere. It's because her programming isn't going to allow her to understand anyone who diverges from standard American English. I wouldn't be surprised if she struggles with people from the South. To be fair, voice recognition isn't easy.
    Most likely in 2015 yeah
    It's coming to the UK later in 2014. I think it's coming to the UK in summer 2014.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    So what will those regions get when pressing the search button? I'm in the US but curious. Will it just be the Cortana app minus the voice commands I'm assuming?
    TripleHelix192 likes this.
    04-03-2014 10:18 AM
    Hopefully it comes to Denmark when it comes to the UK! My friend could certainly taunt me with that.
    lol I don't think so! we have to wait really long buddy! I'm from Holland so I'll probably be waiting just as long as you :) luckily for me my american accent is great! (my American buddys say so lol) so I'll just switch my region to USA :)
    ven07 and neo158 like this.
    04-03-2014 10:21 AM
    So what will those regions get when pressing the search button? I'm in the US but curious. Will it just be the Cortana app minus the voice commands I'm assuming?
    right now on win phone 8 you get nothing except a bing search .......cant scroll right or left no music identificatons ..........and no interactive BING images those square boxes of info about the picture also missing .....just a vanilla search page that is all...very limited....... can expect the same on win 8.1 with a circling cortana .......not sure
    04-03-2014 10:23 AM
    right now on win phone 8 you get nothing except a bing search .......cant scroll right or left no music identificatons ..........and no interactive BING images those square boxes of info about the picture also missing .....just a vanilla search page that is all...very limited....... can expect the same on win 8.1 with a circling cortana .......not sure
    Oh wow! That's crazy, I didn't realize you guys were already missing so much. Do you at least have Scout, Music, and Vision on the Bing screen?
    04-03-2014 10:30 AM
    Scout is useless when location is turned on as microsoft has no data for indian resturants and stuff like that.....music id is also not present...luckily have set it to US region and hence have it....bing videos that you get by flicking right or left are also fun to watch....hope region parity comes soon....
    04-03-2014 10:38 AM
    Scout is useless when location is turned on as microsoft has no data for indian resturants and stuff like that.....music id is also not present...luckily have set it to US region and hence have it....bing videos that you get by flicking right or left are also fun to watch....hope region parity comes soon....
    Nah I meant vision for scanning text or barcodes and such. But still that's a lot of the main functionality I use on a day to day basis I can't believe you guys are going without.
    04-03-2014 10:40 AM
    Nah I meant vision for scanning text or barcodes and such. But still that's a lot of the main functionality I use on a day to day basis I can't believe you guys are going without.
    thats available.....
    04-03-2014 10:46 AM
    This is probably because they're going to have to program Cortana to understand retroflex consonants. I don't think people understand why Cortana isn't going to be released everywhere. It's because her programming isn't going to allow her to understand anyone who diverges from standard American English. I wouldn't be surprised if she struggles with people from the South. To be fair, voice recognition isn't easy.
    This guy gets it. :)
    04-03-2014 11:02 AM
    may be it works , if we set region to US ?
    ven07 likes this.
    04-03-2014 11:04 AM
    lol I don't think so! we have to wait really long buddy! I'm from Holland so I'll probably be waiting just as long as you :) luckily for me my american accent is great! (my American buddys say so lol) so I'll just switch my region to USA :)
    I won't have to wait as long as you it seems then. I'm British, and live in the UK. So I'll be getting it come summer time.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-03-2014 11:54 AM
    I won't have to wait as long as you it seems then. I'm British, and live in the UK. So I'll be getting it come summer time.
    oh I thought you meant that you are from Denmark lol
    04-03-2014 04:06 PM
    And out of technical curiosity....what about the text option?
    04-03-2014 06:02 PM
    One of the videos uploaded by wpcentral shows that the search button goes into the same thing like in win phone 8 to open cortana there is tile.... This kind of implementation might be used in regions outaide US .....video of 630 hands on I guess ...dont remember properly
    04-04-2014 11:52 AM
    oh I thought you meant that you are from Denmark lol
    Nah, I'm British. Also she can't use the envy on me anymore. Hello Lumia 920! :) that only cost me 12 after trading in my HTC One.
    04-04-2014 12:08 PM
    Cortana doesnt seem to have much of a problem recognising accents spoken in English, in one of the demos one guy had a heavy .. I think mexican? accent and it understood him perfectly fine. I guess it's about the fine tuning for other languages and local information that will take time..
    04-04-2014 04:52 PM
    Cortana doesnt seem to have much of a problem recognising accents spoken in English, in one of the demos one guy had a heavy .. I think mexican? accent and it understood him perfectly fine. I guess it's about the fine tuning for other languages and local information that will take time..
    Vocals aren't the problem they have already done that work in the original Kinect. The problem is Bing lacks functionality when you're outside the US. The Bing team has a lot of work to do and I think Android will beat WP8.1 in having all the abilities of Cortana.
    04-05-2014 12:26 AM
    Vocals aren't the problem they have already done that work in the original Kinect. The problem is Bing lacks functionality when you're outside the US. The Bing team has a lot of work to do and I think Android will beat WP8.1 in having all the abilities of Cortana.
    Android will have everything Cortana has plus 10 more features before Cortana is rolled out in more than one continent. By the time Cortana goes worldwide, Siri and Google Now will already have jokes about Cortana that may have gone viral. What Microsoft is failing with consistently and royally is - timing.
    WP8_Lover likes this.
    04-05-2014 06:16 AM
    How do you know that? You haven't tested Cortana, it may be better than Now, it may be not.. Plus, it's still in beta..
    04-05-2014 06:30 AM
77 123 ...