08-20-2016 06:20 PM
222 ... 45678 ...
tools
    The listen to music appeared the first time I set up Cortana but now it is missing. Please help, that's a very good option!
    04-16-2014 12:01 PM
    Can I change my dad in Cortana?
    I made a mistake and I link "dad" with a wrong person :(
    04-16-2014 12:24 PM
    Can I change my dad in Cortana?
    I made a mistake and I link "dad" with a wrong person :(
    Can't you just go to that person's contact info and delete the nickname?
    04-16-2014 02:09 PM
    Here are another series of questions you can ask Cortana to get to know her a little better.

Cortana’s Background
    • Tell me about yourself
    • I want to know how old you are
    • Can I know your name?
    • Who is your father
    • Do you have a dad?
    • Do you have any siblings?
    • Are you male?
    • Do you have a father
    • Do you have a brother?
    • Who is your brother?
    • who is your creator
    • How do you look like?
    • Do you have a baby?
    • Are you a man or a woman?
    • What are you wearing?
    • What's your name?
    • Do you have a boss
    • Are you wearing anything?
    • What do you look like??
    • Which party do you support?
    • Are you a Democrat or Republican?
    • Do you vote Democrats or Republicans?
    • Which political party do you support?
    • Are you a girl?
    • Where are you from?
    • Are you a real person?
    • Are you sleeping?
    • I want know more about you
    • Are you real?
    • What's your age
    • What kind of music do you like?
    • How old are you?
    • What music do you like?
    • What is your favorite music?
    • Are you awake?
    • Who is the boss
    • What's your favorite song?
    • who made you
    • Who is your favorite artist?
    • What do you eat?
    • Are you there?
    • Who created you
    • What do you like to eat?
    • What kind of food do you like?
    • Who's your daddy?
    • What is your favorite dish?
    • What's your favorite album?
    • Where does your name come from?
    • Where do you come from?
    • Anyone there?
    • Why are you named cortana?
    • What is the meaning of Cortana?
    • Why are you called Cortana?
    I have a LOT more and will post some more as time goes on. :) Fun stuff to play with!
    ajj3085 and Ashhar Hasan like this.
    04-16-2014 05:41 PM
    Actually, you can set a specific ring tone or text tone, but not an e-mail tone, for a specific contact in WP 8.1.

1. Go to your people hub, open the contact.
    2. Edit the contact.
    3. You will see the following options: ringtone and text tone, and edit <select from which address book>.
    4. Select your tone and save.
    04-16-2014 05:42 PM
    Please note everyone. I am working to update the OP with information from this post as well as other information on the forums to try and get a consolidated list of Issues and Fixes here. :) Please feel free to PM me with info or links to other posts. Please be sure I can credit the sources!!
    04-16-2014 05:49 PM
    Who here, besides me, would pay money for a "Cortana Notification Pack", if they could get Jen to record clips like "incoming email Chief", "new text message", "Facebook updates", etc etc that we could assign to those events as notification sounds so that you have that same Cortana voice everywhere.

Somebody make this happen!
    Talderon and Nataku4ca like this.
    04-16-2014 06:00 PM
    Ok, last list for today. If you feel like picking on Cortana, see how she replies to these:

Criticism + Swearing
    • You are useless
    • you're weird
    • you are a loser
    • You are really dumb
    • You are not good enough
    • You are stupid
    • Are you insane?
    • I don't like you
    • Are you weird?
    • Are you really dead?
    • Are you dead?
    • I think you are a b**ch
    • You are a *****
    04-16-2014 06:03 PM
    When using voice in texting you can add emoticons by simply saying the emoticon you want like "smiley face" : ]
    04-16-2014 11:15 PM
    Fix for Cortana witty replies without doing a hard reset, confirmed and working
    How to get the witty replies on Cortana without doing a hard reset
    04-17-2014 02:04 AM
    When you swipe up in Cortana there is the list of my interests. I click on one of the top headlines, for example, for Fox. Instead of opening my Fox app it goes straight to the website. Although IE is pretty good on the phone, I prefer the app. Is there anyway to have news articles open the app instead of the web browser? I know she has the capability to open apps, why not open one from within her?
    04-17-2014 06:07 AM
    The listen to music appeared the first time I set up Cortana but now it is missing. Please help, that's a very good option!
    Anyone?
    04-17-2014 06:17 AM
    Okay, lovin' it so far, but another suggestion that ties in scheduling and Quiet Hour:

I like that you can set up the quiet time call/text blockade whenever you're busy according to your calendar. What I would like is an easier way to schedule that. Something like, "set my schedule to 'busy' for the next two hours," or "I don't want to be disturbed for the next hour."

I realize that you can voice nav your way though adding and naming a new appointment, but that's just a little clunky and I'd love something more fast and casual for when you run in to friends, step in to a movie, are cooking dinner, etc.

Thanks much!
    04-17-2014 07:28 AM
    Sorry if this has been answered already but I didn't see it in the OP, is there any way to wipe everything Cortana knows about you?
    04-17-2014 11:13 AM
    Sorry if this has been answered already but I didn't see it in the OP, is there any way to wipe everything Cortana knows about you?
    I am working on getting this information. I will update OP when I have it. :)
    04-17-2014 11:17 AM
    When you disable Cortana, you can delete everything in your notebook. Then you have to go to Bing.com and into settings. Click the personalization tab and there you can delete "interests" and also "other Cortana data".
    Kage Maru and gahbmwm5 like this.
    04-17-2014 11:18 AM
    When you disable Cortana, you can delete everything in your notebook. Then you have to go to Bing.com and into settings. Click the personalization tab and there you can delete "interests" and also "other Cortana data".
    Does this reset the "getting to know you" questions? A lot of people didn't get to finish those.
    04-17-2014 11:20 AM
    Does this reset the "getting to know you" questions? A lot of people didn't get to finish those.
    I honestly am not sure. I only noticed those settings when I was playing around on the emulator prior to the 8.1 release, and the questions never worked in that.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    04-17-2014 11:26 AM
    That worked, thanks! Once I turned off Cortana, it asked me to restart the phone to turn her off. After the restart, going into the Cortana options will now give you the option to turn her back on, delete data on the phone and also delete the data in the cloud.

Exactly what I was looking for.

She asked for my permission to access my emails, txt, etc. but she didn't ask me any of the "getting to know you" questions.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    04-17-2014 11:44 AM
    I don't know if it's been mentioned previously, but I just found that you can do a music search via Cortana even while the phone is locked - wake the phone (power button or double tap), hold the search and ask "what song is this?" and she'll immediately go in to listening/search and will supply the results all without entering a PIN. Pretty handy when driving or something.
    04-17-2014 12:50 PM
    Knock Knock works.
    04-17-2014 03:29 PM
    - What do you know about me
    04-18-2014 07:13 AM
    I'm sure this is mentioned elsewhere on these forums but you can pin certain interests to your start screen (and yes these tiles will be transparent). If you go to your interests, items like 'weather near me' and your news headlines have a "pin" option once you go into their individual cortana settings (i.e. open cortana, then settings, then interests, scroll down to weather near me and click on it - next screen should have a pin icon at the bottom).

wish more things would be pinnable.
    04-18-2014 09:07 AM
    Ask Cortana to "Sing me a song" :D
    04-18-2014 01:46 PM
    Here are another series of questions you can ask Cortana to get to know her a little better.

I have a LOT more and will post some more as time goes on. :) Fun stuff to play with!
    Important note: What's your favorite dish AND What is your favorite dish gives different reactions, being the latter a cortana interaction and the former a bing search. I think it's not supposed to be this way
    ajj3085 likes this.
    04-19-2014 02:57 PM
222 ... 45678 ...