Remember when people ask about how to allow Cortana to work in their country just by changing the speech settings? I'm sorry but Microsoft have changed that part of the settings. Now there is 2 different kind of language settings to choose. ]Thus, in order for Cortana to work, the whole regional settings had to be changed to the US.

cortana.png
    04-09-2014 07:58 AM
    Yes that's correct, whole regional settings had to be changed to the US. I'm sure most are already aware of this.
    04-09-2014 08:06 AM
    Yes that's correct, whole regional settings had to be changed to the US. I'm sure most are already aware of this.
    Yeahh, I think that we know this since the beginning. Or am I wrong? Of course, the arrangement of settings is definitely something new.
    04-09-2014 08:08 AM
    From what I see, many people don't really know that it got changed. They though that it is still using the old settings format.
    04-09-2014 08:12 AM
    From what I see, many people don't really know that it got changed. They though that it is still using the old settings format.
    What ever changes the Microsoft made, I would change them to work cortana for me.... I love cortana.
    F3rzz likes this.
    04-09-2014 08:31 AM
    Which part of your post makes it a "BAD NEWS"??
    04-09-2014 09:27 AM
    Microsoft most care about US
    04-09-2014 09:31 AM
    My WP 8 and my W8 are in USA region, better apps, better services .
    04-09-2014 09:33 AM
    Most of the stuffs will be US based so some stuffs may not work as expected.
    04-09-2014 09:57 AM
    Not true, unless your account is tied to US too.
    04-09-2014 09:59 AM
    Not true, unless your account is tied to US too.
    Not required.

I have US setting, use local scout for UK based on my GPS when I need it. My account is an EU country - everything works. Only thing it "may" struggle with is store purchases, but that is because your card may not pay in $$. If you have a card that pays in $$, no matter what country you are actually located in and where you account belongs to, you can enjoy everything US customer enjoys including app purchases.
    tayfelix likes this.
    04-09-2014 05:04 PM
    Microsoft most care about US
    I really don't think this means Microsoft cares MORE about the US. I think it just means since it is a US based company, it's only logical that they start things off here. It's either this, or we have to wait another year or so to let them finish it globally. Yes, if I was not in the US, I would be upset as well, however, I would, at least, understand.

I have been keeping up with the news and Windows Phone has global support but many of the Dev's and Apps are US specific because that is just where the development pool is the deepest at this time. Things will level out. :) Have faith in the mothership.
    04-10-2014 02:18 PM
    I really don't think this means Microsoft cares MORE about the US. I think it just means since it is a US based company, it's only logical that they start things off here. It's either this, or we have to wait another year or so to let them finish it globally. Yes, if I was not in the US, I would be upset as well, however, I would, at least, understand.

I have been keeping up with the news and Windows Phone has global support but many of the Dev's and Apps are US specific because that is just where the development pool is the deepest at this time. Things will level out. :) Have faith in the mothership.
    I disagree with where the developer pool is - definitely not in the USA.
    04-10-2014 02:20 PM
    I disagree with where the developer pool is - definitely not in the USA.
    Developer pool is pretty much globally right?
    04-11-2014 08:44 AM