USA Today Siri vs Cortana

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Very cool! I loved the comment "I have a feeling this is NOT gonna work on the iPhone." :)

Yeah that was hiliours. Going to be great to see ads on this later. Not to mention that everyone that have a WP phone will want to brag/show off there phone to iPhone/google users. this feature is no gimmick.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it was kind of funny that the reporter wasn't sure where to put the mic. It's a piece about how the different products work. The PHONE is talking, put the mic near the PHONE. ;-)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What sort of video is this? It doesn't run on IE11. I am not downloading another browser to be able to view this. I tried other videos on the site and seems none of them want to play. Is this a region locked website or just lame video format?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
What sort of video is this? It doesn't run on IE11. I am not downloading another browser to be able to view this. I tried other videos on the site and seems none of them want to play. Is this a region locked website or just lame video format?

It worked for me on IE8 (which is what I'm stuck with at work). Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Works fine in IE 11 on my pc. Tracking Protection might be blocking the video.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That is a very cool demo, the best I have seen so far of how contextual her actions can be. I am getting super excited about this.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Firefox and I had to refresh the screen once before it would play. On the video though, Cortana is gonna be awesome to have on my phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm on IE 9 (work computer) and I could not view it, it said video unavailable. Opened in Firefox, no problems. I need to have one fully updated browser at work, and I wont use Chrome....

Very cool video, liking what it can do, I just hope it works that well in the real world...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Firefox and I had to refresh the screen once before it would play. On the video though, Cortana is gonna be awesome to have on my phone.

I'm on IE 9 (work computer) and I could not view it, it said video unavailable. Opened in Firefox, no problems. I need to have one fully updated browser at work, and I wont use Chrome....

Very cool video, liking what it can do, I just hope it works that well in the real world...

I've never had issues with Firefox as such until the recent builds have made it a memory hog! I run really memory intensive programs on my PC and can't have a browser take a slice from that pie! IE10, IE11 and Security Essentials in last 2 years have never let me come across a single virus or tracking website. It really feels like "new web".

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yall better get on topic real quick before Laura comes in here an shuts it down.

On topic, I never knew google now actually speaks the language and for siri you had to press a button for it to speak

I wonder if cortana has support for more languages because gnow is pretty limited

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never had issues with Firefox as such until the recent builds have made it a memory hog! I run really memory intensive programs on my PC and can't have a browser take a slice from that pie! IE10, IE11 and Security Essentials in last 2 years have never let me come across a single virus or tracking website. It really feels like "new web".

Same here. Firefox used to be the browser I used the most. It has become unstable for me in recently (like 1 year back) I now use chrome for school, IE for personal, and Safari for my iMac.

Sent from LG G2 on T-Mobile. come on T-Mobile get a flagship Windows Phone!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro