The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hands on with Cortana, Windows Phone's digital assistant

You see cortana reminding you even during a text which we have not see the UI when that is happening. Should be the same for a email as well :)
    sinime, sd173, Jazmac and 2 others like this.
    04-09-2014 03:19 PM
    Nice! Thanks for sharing.
    04-09-2014 03:22 PM
    Hmmm...
    Seems.....better!

Good read thanx!
    04-09-2014 03:23 PM
    Very cool! I loved the comment "I have a feeling this is NOT gonna work on the iPhone." :)
    James8561 likes this.
    04-09-2014 03:33 PM
    Very cool! I loved the comment "I have a feeling this is NOT gonna work on the iPhone." :)
    Yeah that was hiliours. Going to be great to see ads on this later. Not to mention that everyone that have a WP phone will want to brag/show off there phone to iPhone/google users. this feature is no gimmick.
    04-09-2014 03:57 PM
    I think it was kind of funny that the reporter wasn't sure where to put the mic. It's a piece about how the different products work. The PHONE is talking, put the mic near the PHONE. ;-)
    04-09-2014 11:52 PM
    It's pretty funny , check it out ...
    Microsoft's new digital assistant may have more attitude than Apple's rather prim Siri. However, on the "Arsenio Hall Show," the two ladies get at it with abandon.

http://www.windowscentral.com/cortan...-sassy-arsenio
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 04-10-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    04-09-2014 11:58 PM
    What sort of video is this? It doesn't run on IE11. I am not downloading another browser to be able to view this. I tried other videos on the site and seems none of them want to play. Is this a region locked website or just lame video format?
    04-10-2014 02:13 PM
    What sort of video is this? It doesn't run on IE11. I am not downloading another browser to be able to view this. I tried other videos on the site and seems none of them want to play. Is this a region locked website or just lame video format?
    It worked for me on IE8 (which is what I'm stuck with at work). Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
    04-10-2014 02:24 PM
    I'm loving the sound Cortana makes when she thinks. It's so sexyeyyyyyyyyy
    04-10-2014 02:28 PM
    Works fine in IE 11 on my pc. Tracking Protection might be blocking the video.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-10-2014 03:00 PM
    Works fine in IE 11 on my pc. Tracking Protection might be blocking the video.
    Turns out it was my tracking protection! Wonder what USA Today wants from me that its offering me those cookies ;)
    herbertsnow and Jazmac like this.
    04-10-2014 03:30 PM
    Turns out it was my tracking protection! Wonder what USA Today wants from me that its offering me those cookies ;)
    Glad to hear that you fixed it. Tracking Protection blocks a lot of ads as well as videos.
    Last edited by herbertsnow; 04-10-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    04-10-2014 05:28 PM
    Wow. That is a very cool demo, the best I have seen so far of how contextual her actions can be. I am getting super excited about this.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    04-11-2014 08:26 AM
    "The traffic is crawling" Nice :D
    04-11-2014 08:36 AM
    I'm using Firefox and I had to refresh the screen once before it would play. On the video though, Cortana is gonna be awesome to have on my phone.
    04-11-2014 08:39 AM
    I'm on IE 9 (work computer) and I could not view it, it said video unavailable. Opened in Firefox, no problems. I need to have one fully updated browser at work, and I wont use Chrome....

Very cool video, liking what it can do, I just hope it works that well in the real world...
    04-11-2014 09:59 AM
    I'm using Firefox and I had to refresh the screen once before it would play. On the video though, Cortana is gonna be awesome to have on my phone.
    I'm on IE 9 (work computer) and I could not view it, it said video unavailable. Opened in Firefox, no problems. I need to have one fully updated browser at work, and I wont use Chrome....

Very cool video, liking what it can do, I just hope it works that well in the real world...
    I've never had issues with Firefox as such until the recent builds have made it a memory hog! I run really memory intensive programs on my PC and can't have a browser take a slice from that pie! IE10, IE11 and Security Essentials in last 2 years have never let me come across a single virus or tracking website. It really feels like "new web".
    04-11-2014 10:18 AM
    Yall better get on topic real quick before Laura comes in here an shuts it down.

On topic, I never knew google now actually speaks the language and for siri you had to press a button for it to speak

I wonder if cortana has support for more languages because gnow is pretty limited
    04-11-2014 12:42 PM
    I've never had issues with Firefox as such until the recent builds have made it a memory hog! I run really memory intensive programs on my PC and can't have a browser take a slice from that pie! IE10, IE11 and Security Essentials in last 2 years have never let me come across a single virus or tracking website. It really feels like "new web".
    Same here. Firefox used to be the browser I used the most. It has become unstable for me in recently (like 1 year back) I now use chrome for school, IE for personal, and Safari for my iMac.

Sent from LG G2 on T-Mobile. come on T-Mobile get a flagship Windows Phone!!!!!
    04-11-2014 01:10 PM