The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-02-2014 08:23 AM
186 ... 45678
tools
    Great idea doing this...

Region/Language: USA / English
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Next time i'm in the car remind me to get gas" - also tried with "my car"
    Did Cortana parse this correctly: Yes
    Expected Results: Next time I am in my car, detected by connecting to a bluetooth device that is linked to Driving Mode, trigger my reminder.
    Actual Results: "Remind you when you get to car. Is this the one you want?" - proceeds to show list of companies nearby with "Car" in the name
    Feedback: Would be great if the reminder could be set to trigger when I connect to a bluetooth device linked to Driving Mode.

Exact Phrase Spoken: Next time I connect to WiFi, remind me to download 'large file x'
    Expected Results: Reminder created for the next time I connect to WiFi
    Actual Results: Cortana responds with "Which Contact?"
    Feedback: Would be great if a reminder could be set to trigger when I connect to WiFi (even better if it could be based on WiFi network name also, but I'm not sure the exact use case scenario for that one...if I know the network name I could probably just say "when i get home", "when i get to work", "when i'm in Starbucks"
    Joe920 and Dave Bhullar like this.
    04-22-2014 11:50 AM
    Region/Language: USA English
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Did the pirates win today?
    Did Cortana part this correctly: Yes
    Expected Results: Cortana to read me the score of the Pittsburgh Pirates Game eityher completed or in progress
    Actual Results: She speaks the completed score correctly, but if she speaks a score in progress she says QUARTER instead of INNING
    Feedback: Since she only works in America, she should know that baseball is 9 INNINGS instead of 9 QUARTERS!! :)
    04-22-2014 08:42 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Remind me to buy flowers for Susan on Mothers day
    Did Cortana parse this correctly: yes
    Expected Results: Ok, I'll remind you to buy flowers for Susan on Mothers day, May 11th
    Actual Results: When would you like to be reminded?
    Feedback: Cortana should learn about the holidays in my country, region and religion and correlate those to dates in the current year (if no year specified)
    ajj3085 likes this.
    04-22-2014 09:01 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: when is the Susan's birthday?
    Expected Results: Susan's birthday is on November 2nd. She's turning 44
    Actual Results: Web search for "when is susans birthday"
    Feedback: Cortana should understand my family and friends from my social networks (Facebook, Microsoft) and understand that I have a friend named Kellie who is a female and is pinned to my start screen. From the information available from the Friends shared information, Cortana should see the birthday and read that back to me, along with the age she will be if the birth year is also available.:
    Last edited by ewood70; 04-22-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    JudaZuk and shinsenai like this.
    04-22-2014 09:12 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Set today's Bing image as my wallpaper
    Expected Results: Today's Bing.com image is set as my Wallpaper within Windows and on home screen image on my Windows Phone
    Actual Results: Internet search for "set today's Bing image as my wallpaper"
    04-22-2014 09:18 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Let me know when Microsoft's stock price reaches $45
    Expected Results: "Ok"
    Actual Results: Internet search for "let me know when Microsoft stock price reaches $45"
    04-22-2014 09:28 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Can you read war and peace to me?
    Expected Results: "Okay, I've found the book in your collection. It looks like you've last read page 214, would you like me to continue from there?"
    Actual Results: Internet search for "can you read war and peace to me"
    04-22-2014 09:41 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: "Next Song"
    Expected Results: Play the next track and speak the name of the song and artist
    Actual Results: "Ok, next track"
    Feedback: I would like Cortana to tell me the name of the song and artist. I should also be able to speak back to it. If I don't like the next track then I should be able to just say next or skip and Cortana should repeat the process by playing the next track and saying the song and artist.
    04-22-2014 11:07 PM
    Region/Language: US/US
    Exact Phrase Spoken: How much is a cab ride from here to San Jose
    Expected Results: She'd recognize that I'm asking about cab fare, determine the distance, and estimate how much it would cost based on regional rates.
    Actual Results: "Maybe the information below will help" with a map of San Jose and the distance in miles
    Feedback: This is the exact kind of thing that's a pain to look up online and that Cortana could really excel at. Edit: if this is implemented, it would make sense to show contact info for local cab companies alongside with this.
    Last edited by Joe920; 04-23-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    Dave Bhullar likes this.
    04-22-2014 11:09 PM
    Region/Language: United States, Swedish (Sweden) / English (United States)
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Whats the weather like today at home in celcius
    Expected Results: Give me the weather today for the location stored as Home in celcius
    Actual Results: Cortana actually gives me the weather at my home location in Celcius
    (Worth to note here is that I was at home when I did the search..

Issue is with the search I did immediatly after the one above, that gave me the wrong result.

Region/Language: United States, Swedish (Sweden) / English (United States)
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Whats the weather like today at work in celcius
    Expected Results: Give me the weather today for the location stored as Work in celcius
    Actual Results: Cortana actually gives me the weather for my home location in Celcius instead.
    (Worth to note here is that I was at home when I did the search.. as well )

So Cortana just gave me the same result I just gotten for Home, when I asked for the weather at Work.

This indicates that she actually only gave me the weather for location Home previously because that was the location I was at when I did the search.
    The word "home" or "work" in the search seems to be ignored
    Searching for Work, a completly diffrent location, gives me a incorrect answer, with the same exact adress in the result as for Home.

I did a search at work for the same thing but in reverse yesterday and the result where similar. I got the result for my current location instead, not the location I was asking for
    04-23-2014 01:17 AM
    Region/Language: US-EN
    Exact Phrase Spoken: "Remind me to collect the documents when I'm back in the office."
    Expected Results: I can confirm it by replying "Yes".
    Actual Results: "Yes" was correctly parsed, but Cortana keeps asking for my decision of Yes, No, or Cancel.
    Feedback: Cortana should understand simple keywords when they are correctly parsed. Seems "she" is disconnected with the question.

Similar issues like this are found when calling someone. Cortana seems disconnected with the hanging issue. e.g., Cortana suddenly doesn't understand the name of contact, or doesn't understand the type of phone to dial out, etc. Quite frustrated.
    Last edited by hwcheng; 04-23-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    04-23-2014 02:43 AM
    Region/Language: EN-US
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Tried 'find Remote Desktop Preview in the Store' and 'install Remote Desktop Preview from the Store'
    Expected Results: Open the Store app and find or install the requested app from the Store
    Actual Results: Displayed web results for the correctly parsed questions
    Feedback: Combination of keywords 'install' and 'the Store' should tell Cortana to open the Store app and install if an exact match is found, show search results if ambiguous or multiple results
    04-23-2014 04:18 AM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: "Is it foggy this morning" and "is it foggy"
    Expected Results: There was a dense fog advisory for my area, so I expected her to say "yes" or something to that extent.
    Actual Results: She said "No, it doesn't look like it" and displayed the screenshot below.
    Feedback: See the screenshot below. The weather info clearly says there's a dense fog advisory, which was very true this morning. Cortana got this one wrong even though she present the correct visual information. She needs to incorporate weather warnings into her verbal weather report. I also tried "what's the weather like this morning" and she never mentioned the fog.

fog.png
    04-23-2014 06:53 AM
    Region/Language: United States / English (United States)
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Cortana reads text from someone and asks whether I want to 'read it' or 'ignore it'. So, The Exact Phrase Spoken in response to the question is: 'read it'.
    Did Cortana part this correctly: N/A
    Expected Results: Cortana reads the text message and ask for the other actions such as 'reply, done..'
    Actual Results: Cortana asks me who I'd like to text.
    Feedback: This might be bug. Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.

bug.jpg
    04-23-2014 01:03 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Did Chelsea win?
    Expected Results: Cortana tells me the final score from the last Chelsea match, that is Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid (Cortana knows that Chelsea is my favorite team).
    Actual Results: Cortana told me the score for a different match (Chelsea vs Sunderland).
    Feedback: It seems like Cortana only knows about Chelsea matches in the Premier League. Chelsea vs Sunderland was the last match Chelsea played in the Premier League. But the last match played by Chelsea was against Atletico Madrid, this was a UEFA Champions League match. Cortana also didn't display this match (Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid) in the schedule updates/score updates but Cortana displays schedule updates/score updates for all Chelsea matches in the Premier League. This is why it seems like Cortana only knows about my favorite team's matches in the Premier League, it would be cool if Cortana knew about all matches my favorite team plays regardless of the league/tournament/cup. Bing Sports knows about all the matches so hopefully this would be relatively easy to fix.
    04-23-2014 02:16 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Track my Amazon package sent via UPS.
    Expected Results: Cortana tells/shows me details about the package like current status,expected delivery time etc.
    Actual Results: Bing search about 'Track my Amazon package sent via UPS.'
    Feedback: It would be great if Cortana could extract the tracking number from the email I received from Amazon and give me details about that package.
    04-23-2014 02:26 PM

Issue #1:
    Exact Phrase Spoken: turn bluetooth off, turn off bluetooth
    Expected Results: to turn off the bluetooth (it was turned on)
    Actual Results: She asked "Turn off the alarm for what time?" and there was no way to make her turn the bluetooth off, she kept asking which alarm I want to turn off. However, typing to her "turn bluetooth off" resulted in bluetooth getting turned off correctly. For some reason she gets confused only when the command is spoken.
    04-23-2014 02:27 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: "What is the land mass of north America"
    Expected Results: Show me a map of North America and the correct answer
    Actual Results: Bing search
    04-23-2014 10:01 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Say my name. Also: What is my name, tell me my name
    Expected Results: Cortana should speak the name you set during initial setup
    Actual Results: Displayed a search result for a variety of things
    Feedback: this should be pretty simple. Also, Cortana should know any time some one says "tell me" there should be a verbal response
    04-24-2014 01:30 AM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: What time is it, tell me the time
    Expected Results: Cortana to read me the current time verbally
    Actual Results: variety of search results about time
    Feedback: It would be really nice if Cortana could read the time for a better hands-off experience
    04-24-2014 01:32 AM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Read me my last incoming text message
    Expected Results: Cortana to read my last text
    Actual Results: asked me who I wanted to send a text to
    Feedback: It would be really nice if Cortana could read texts for a better hands-off experience. Also, should be able to tell her how contacts are pronounced for better accuracy
    04-24-2014 01:34 AM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: What time is sunset?
    Expected Results: Cortana to read me the time for sunset at my current location.
    Actual Results: Displayed search results having to do with sunsets, but not time for current location
    Feedback: Cortana needs to respond with voice instead of defaulting to search results unless you TELL her you want search results
    Joe920 and Roman Royter like this.
    04-24-2014 01:42 AM
    [INFO]Sorry for being out of touch, getting sick sucks. :(

Everything above this post has been compiled.

Thanks all![/INFO]
    SpaceyO, Joe920 and Dave Bhullar like this.
    04-24-2014 08:36 AM
    Region/Language: US/US
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Tell Talderon to get well soon
    Expected Results: No expectations
    Actual Results: Search results for how to write a thoughtful get well message
    Feedback: Just wanted to sneak in a get well message in this thread while still sticking to the required format. :)
    04-24-2014 12:14 PM
    Exact Phrase Spoken: Show me the Amazon email with UPS tracking number
    Expected Results: To find the email from Amazon that includes a tracking number
    Actual Results: Cannot find any such email even if one from earlier today exists
    Feedback: Would be great if Cortana actually would read the emails as I thought it was doing.
    04-24-2014 12:30 PM
186 ... 45678