The Cortana Setup Guide

blackout2005

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not in the USA. How do I add my current location as my home in Cortana? Searching won't help because really there isn't anything to search. Is there any option to make my exact current location as my home?

anon(5379091)

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not in the USA. How do I add my current location as my home in Cortana? Searching won't help because really there isn't anything to search. Is there any option to make my exact current location as my home?
Use the map app to add favorites places. Tap and hold a location on the map, enter to it and hit the star button. This worked for me.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Considering the fact that I have had almost no sleep working on the issue lends me to think that I have a pretty good idea. :amaze:

(translation: I work for Microsoft on this project)

Hey Talderon,

Saw something posted on a web about someone working on the back end as well replying to Mary Jo Foley's advice to hard reset when someone asked her about Cortana showing bing search results instead of expected actions. The guy said the problem is server side so there's no need to do hard resets at all. Can you (re)confirm this?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Talderon,

Saw something posted on a web about someone working on the back end as well replying to Mary Jo Foley's advice to hard reset when someone asked her about Cortana showing bing search results instead of expected actions. The guy said the problem is server side so there's no need to do hard resets at all. Can you (re)confirm this?

Source? I have not heard this on our end. However, that does not mean it isn't true.

Michael Hibbard

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I did not get the prompt for initial setup. Is there a way to reset cortana or do the initial setup again?
When I go to change my name and hit next, it just exits out and doesn't ask me any questions about hobbies and such as you mentioned.

Thanks!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I did not get the prompt for initial setup. Is there a way to reset cortana or do the initial setup again?
When I go to change my name and hit next, it just exits out and doesn't ask me any questions about hobbies and such as you mentioned.

Thanks!

I dont think anyone knows how to reset just Cortana, its been asked number of times and on different forums. Looks like a hard reset or wait it out at this point.

The hard reset is hit and miss as I've done 2 so far but still she has yet to say my name, greet me by voice and so on, she will do the jokes, no singing, a few witty replies and reminders but that's about it, but she is BETA

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Can I change my dad in Cortana?
I made a mistake and I link "dad" with a wrong person :(

Check "Inner Circle", and the contact card for your dad. It's stored as a nickname, i believe

Cortana skipped the initial interests set up, but she showed it later on. Sadly, i was outside the cell tower range, so she said she'd ask again later. But she hasn't...

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Curious about setting up geofence reminders. Can they be made to be always do X when I arrive at [saved place y]? Or are they only, do X the next time I arrive at Y?

Not entirely sure, but I do know that when the reminder pops up, you have the options of "Complete" or "Next Time." If you select "Next Time," Cortana will remind you the next time you arrive at that location. Therefore, you should just always be able to select "Next Time," and then the reminder will always display when you arrive at your select location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05