The Cortana Setup Guide

fishes

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I have got a question on Cortana and favorite places. I have set up a few reminders concerning leaving and entering places but Cortana never reminds them. She knows perfectly well where I am, where my home, work, office, friends are. Her reply to my "Where am I" is right every time. For example. "Remind me to buy some milk when I leave my office". She replies correctly, shows me the correct address of my office but when the action set up by here before commenses, nothing happens. Any clue? I am from the Czech Republic, Europe.

She understands my commands concerning navigating such as "get me back home or drive me to my office, etc, etc". Nokia Here+ is loaded, the route planned. Awesome. BUT she never reminds me what I want to be reminded when I leave or enter places.

Thank you.

MTWIZARD7

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Cortana and playlists, I hard reset my 920 and saying playlist works, so I hard reset my 1020 and saying Does Not Work, next I will hard reset my 1520 and see what happens, very puzzling. Any new ideas on why it works on some phone and not others, for those of you with working Say Playlist please let me know what phones you are using

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Cortana and playlists, I hard reset my 920 and saying playlist works, so I hard reset my 1020 and saying Does Not Work, next I will hard reset my 1520 and see what happens, very puzzling. Any new ideas on why it works on some phone and not others, for those of you with working Say Playlist please let me know what phones you are using

Patience, an Xbox Music update will be out Tuesday to fix playlists with Cortana for good.

WesleyBPeres

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Please follow this thread. I will be updating it as often as I get info: http://forums.windowscentral.com/cortana/277645-cortana-news-coming-inside-op-being-updated.html
Thank you for giving me the information =)

Do you know something about not Cortana but Wi-Fi turning on nearby my favorite places? I saw a post about setting reminders nearby my favorite places and its fantastic =) but when you turn Wi-Fi off you have the option to turn it on again in 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day, manually AND near my favorite places... It just doesn't work =/
Thank you very much.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...117-turn-wi-fi-nearby-my-favorite-places.html

rastama49887476

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I dont have cortana on my phone !

Hello, i installed WP 8.1 Developers Preview ... i switched all to English/USA ... but i dont have cortana on my phone ... why ?

Can anyone help me ?

:unhappy:

RohanCFC

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You have Cortana on HTC 8x?
I cant run it on mine though it is not from US
the eglish uk language wont get removed and says available even if i put the english US above it
Please help me!!

alvinsfb

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Based on my usage since the first day WP 8.1 2 was launched, the battery is draining very quickly than before the update.
And since then, I've tried to turn off the location services to see how long my phone will last and the result was awesome! The phone lasts longer than with location services turned on.

But, when the location services is turned off, Cortana doesn't want to start.

Can Cortana be usable without location services? Such as make some appointment or something that doesn't related to any location services.

I hope it will come to the next update of Cortana someday.

Btw, Cortana is pretty awesome!

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble getting Cortana to play music? She keeps telling me that I need to turn on streaming music for it to work, but I already have it turned on.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: I dont have cortana on my phone !

Hello, i installed WP 8.1 Developers Preview ... i switched all to English/USA ... but i dont have cortana on my phone ... why ?

Can anyone help me ?

:unhappy:

Make sure Cortana is enabled in the settings, and that location services are available. Cortana currently REQUIRES location services to function.

Also make sure the language + region setting changes are going through. You MUST press the restart button that appears after you make the change in the menu. Restarting via the power button, or leaving the menu before pushing the button will cause the changes to be ignored.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble getting Cortana to play music? She keeps telling me that I need to turn on streaming music for it to work, but I already have it turned on.
Play lists still not working :unhappy:
Joel S79 where did you hear that the update would be released on Tuesday?

Same here. Works fine for the music I've already downloaded locally, but she refuses to play my cloud collection. I assume this will likely be fixed in an Xbox Music update.

And WPC themselves that bi-weekly updates would begin for Xbox Music, starting on Monday the 21st. The update has yet to go live, two fays later. :/

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Tom Swift and his House of Tomorrow. LOL

Just wait. Cortana on Windows Phone... Xbox One... PC's and Tablets... Cortana will be everywhere!!!!

I want to be able to walk into my house and have the Xbox One see me and have Cortana say "Remember you wanted to call your brother when you got home, shall I initiate the call now?"

I want to sit at my PC and have her say "Remember to send that proposal in today!" or "Business or Games today?" or whatever.

Yeah, I'm one of "those people" that want to have technology in every part of my life. :D

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have got a question on Cortana and favorite places. I have set up a few reminders concerning leaving and entering places but Cortana never reminds them. She knows perfectly well where I am, where my home, work, office, friends are. Her reply to my "Where am I" is right every time. For example. "Remind me to buy some milk when I leave my office". She replies correctly, shows me the correct address of my office but when the action set up by here before commenses, nothing happens. Any clue? I am from the Czech Republic, Europe.

She understands my commands concerning navigating such as "get me back home or drive me to my office, etc, etc". Nokia Here+ is loaded, the route planned. Awesome. BUT she never reminds me what I want to be reminded when I leave or enter places.

Thank you.

I have the same problem as you, though I am in the US. She never seems to activate location specific reminders.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss