07-27-2014 08:03 AM
130 ... 456
tools
    I'm in the uk and have Cortana working without any problems but seriously, I have no idea what the fuss is about. We went through all this sh*t when Siri came out and everyone said how it was going to change everything. What a load of cobblers. No one wants to instruct a virtual assistant verbally when there are people around. "Remind me to get some toilet tissue", "tell xxxx that I won't be home till 9" etc etc. Who wants to make this info public on a bus or office? No one, that's who.
    Once the fuss dies down, no one will use it, just like Siri and the Google equivalent.

For those who still want her in the uk:
    - change the keyboard to US
    - change the language to US
    - change the region to US
    - change speech to US
    You'll need to re-boot between these steps and maybe download a speech pack too.
    - check for phone update. You'll find one. Install it.
    Re boot, look in your apps list, Cortana will be there.
    04-16-2014 02:54 AM
    I've changed the language and region to US and cortana is installed
    04-16-2014 03:02 AM
    I'm in the uk and have Cortana working without any problems but seriously, I have no idea what the fuss is about. We went through all this sh*t when Siri came out and everyone said how it was going to change everything. What a load of cobblers. No one wants to instruct a virtual assistant verbally when there are people around. "Remind me to get some toilet tissue", "tell xxxx that I won't be home till 9" etc etc. Who wants to make this info public on a bus or office? No one, that's who.
    Once the fuss dies down, no one will use it, just like Siri and the Google equivalent.

For those who still want her in the uk:
    - change the keyboard to US
    - change the language to US
    - change the region to US
    - change speech to US
    You'll need to re-boot between these steps and maybe download a speech pack too.
    - check for phone update. You'll find one. Install it.
    Re boot, look in your apps list, Cortana will be there.
    problem with this is, store is not UK store, its US store, and you can not buy apps, using ur UK address based payment methods,
    I am so cross with microsoft, why not release it worldwide and do the tests, thats what ultimate aim is, isnt it!
    Captains and Alex Blast like this.
    04-26-2014 12:39 PM
    how to get cortana in india...
    07-27-2014 07:59 AM
    problem with this is, store is not UK store, its US store, and you can not buy apps, using ur UK address based payment methods,
    I am so cross with microsoft, why not release it worldwide and do the tests, thats what ultimate aim is, isnt it!
    I have no problems using my Australian Credit card in the US store. If you want any local apps (cant be many you don't have already) install them via your desktop if you want cortana so bad. Otherwise just wait for it to roll out. Don't know why you are so mad. It's not your RIGHT to have it now. Just calm the hell down man and wait until its ready.
    07-27-2014 08:03 AM
130 ... 456