What U will Do to get CORTANA (non - us)

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Good news, got a fix :
Set your language and region and speech to us-english.
Then go check the updates. There is one (it's the language update :) ). Install it. Enjoy Cortana

EDIT : seems to NOT work. Sorry

EDIT2 : it works. BUT in order to make it work, you need to launch it the first time from the app (not the search button).
A Hard reset seems to work too

Last edited:

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I installed WP8.1, after that, I changed the region to US and checked for updates in Phone update. Surprise! I got an update which I'm still installing. I don't know what is it about but I do hope it's Cortana.

edit: hermantj oh great we were simultaneous! I'm happy it actually is Cortana :D

edit 2: it is NOT Cortana =(

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I read on the other forum (not tried cause no wifi) that setting it to usa (language and region) and reset factory will make cortana appear

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Oh, it IS Cortana!

Change your language, speech and region to US. Then check for updates in Phone update. After that, Cortana will appear as an app in the app list (still WON'T appear pressing the search button).

nikolasellinides

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
After you open Cortana it needs setup, Choose to install English (US) and it will restart , After that i was able to open cortana (right now testing it) Note: Needs Location on for Results.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Good news, got a fix :
Then go check the updates. There is one (it's the language update :) ). Install it. Enjoy Cortana

EDIT2 : it works. BUT in order to make it work, you need to launch it the first time from the app (not the search button).
Let's see how many edit I'll do^^

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
After setting Region to USA you still don't have Cortana, make sure that in Settings -> Language, English (US) is moved at the top (Press and Hold, then select Move Up)!

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For those outside US, what happens if you search e.g. "get me directions to mc donnalds"? Does this work outside US or don't she finds any results?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Cortana is working outside USA - if you were set to USA before update - you will need to hard reset, change region to USA and phone language to USA.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Good news, got a fix :

works great thanks for the info :)

henkepalmquist

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
if i search for restaurants it pick the 8 closest to my location, so it works for me here in Sweden, the down side is that now i am craving a pizza... Damn you Cortana!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05