What U will Do to get CORTANA (non - us)

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is working outside USA - if you were set to USA before update - you will need to hard reset, change region to USA and phone language to USA.

Don't Hard reset your phone you don't need to hard reset the phone mine was set to english uk for the update then I changed the all the settings mentioned by hermantj to english us and works great....

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Nikhilarthan
Doing Hard reset Will We Get Cortana...?

Yes, making sure all your setting are set to Englsih US before (region, language and speech)

to Nikhilarthan...you should not need to hard reset the phone

to hermantj your advice was correct it works great on my phone without the hard reset...thanks for your help :)

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
This is so strange; I'm living in Jamaica & updated both NL920 & NL925 to 8.1 as I woke up & only the NL920 has Cortana . My wife is so happy with cortana ; I'm the techie one & without Cortana !!!

Vietnamese10

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Nikhilarthan
Doing Hard reset Will We Get Cortana...?

to Nikhilarthan...you should not need to hard reset the phone

to hermantj your advice was correct it works great on my phone without the hard reset...thanks for your help :)

Please more detail, i can't change us-english. English-us has 2 items ( regional format anh keyboard), not phone language.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Still not getting Cortana.
Keyboard is English (United States)
Language is English (United States
Region is United States (English)
and Speech is English (United States)

Any other settings I'm missing?

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Still not getting Cortana.
Keyboard is English (United States)
Language is English (United States
Region is United States (English)
and Speech is English (United States)

Any other settings I'm missing?

turn phone off it may update then look in apps list, if not there then check for a phone update, then look in the apps list again

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Other settings? as in Application settings? If so nothing in there, just the usual IE, maps, messaging, etc...
It did a phone update after I changed region and language. No Cortana in the apps.

pLUSpISTOL

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't Hard reset your phone you don't need to hard reset the phone mine was set to english uk for the update then I changed the all the settings mentioned by hermantj to english us and works great....

What are we safe to revert back to afterwards? Keyboard and regional settings?

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
This is so strange; I'm living in Jamaica & updated both NL920 & NL925 to 8.1 as I woke up & only the NL920 has Cortana . My wife is so happy with cortana ; I'm the techie one & without Cortana !!!
Fixed & I'm very happy & pleased with this upgrade so far. The Droid & IOs users aren't so happy in my Department with me showing off WP8.1. lol

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Please more detail, i can't change us-english. English-us has 2 items ( regional format anh keyboard), not phone language.

To get Cortana working you need to (non US)...

1. go to settings then select language (if you have English US make sure it is listed at the top of the list, you need to long press it and choose move up if it is at the bottom, if you only have one language then you don't need to bother moving it, if you don;t have English US then select add languages and choose English US).. if it doesn't work you may need to delete the English US and add it again selecting add languages you will be asked if you want to install the language just say install or ok, also it should look something like this (RESTART PHONE)

English (United States)
Phone Language: enabled
Regional format: enabled
Speech: enabled
Keyboard: english

2. go to settings and then select region and change country/region to United States and you must also set regional format to United States (RESTART PHONE)

3. go to settings and then select speech and then select speech language and change to English United States (RESTART IF NEEDED)

then restart the phone and Cortana should be working great with the search button

Last edited:

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't install Cortana on 8X as well. The problem I see is that I can't have English (US) as my phone's language & I really don't know how to set it. There must be a bug or something...

Settings: Language
En (US)
Regional format:enabled
Speech: Enabled
Keyboard: English

EN (UK)
Phone language : Enabled
Keyboard: English

I can't remove EN UK from there...grrrr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics