What U will Do to get CORTANA (non - us)

zemanel

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't install Cortana on 8X as well. The problem I see is that I can't have English (US) as my phone's language & I really don't know how to set it. There must be a bug or something...

Settings: Language
En (US)
Regional format:enabled
Speech: Enabled
Keyboard: English

EN (UK)
Phone language : Enabled

I can't remove EN UK from there...grrrr

That's the same here bah

PBLNS

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Am updating later (no wifi :( ) I have one question, after the update I'll set all the things in English US so I can get Cortana but after it can I get at least my keyboard back to spanish ???
I have no problem with my phone if its in english but really need my keyboard in spanish hehehe.

Painkillerhu

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Now press and hold on your two other languages and remove, leave us and then reboot and check your app list

But there's no possibility for the phone language at the English US. I put hungarian there to illustrate that I can change my lang to it since I have the option. But I can't delete the UK and the Hungarian language because I don't have to option to choose English US for some reason...x(

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I need some help here guys, everything works fine except the Store. It can't seem to connect to the store despite having a good internet connection.

fopflugel

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Here is what i did:

Changed speech, region and language to english( US)

Reboot the phone
go to "settings" wipe right to left "applications" and first thing you'll see is Cortana

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Am updating later (no wifi :( ) I have one question, after the update I'll set all the things in English US so I can get Cortana but after it can I get at least my keyboard back to spanish ???
I have no problem with my phone if its in english but really need my keyboard in spanish hehehe.

I'm guessing you can do this, it shouldn't be aproblem once Cortana is working. I currently have my phone with both languages, for the times when I write posts in english etc. I'm gonna do this too, after Cortana is working satisfactorily.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Now press and hold on your two other languages and remove, leave us and then reboot and check your app list

you don't need to remove the other languages as my one works with the English US and the English UK listed, try removing the us one and add it again, i am just trying my other phone to see if i missed anything to get it working i don't think i have but will update in a moment

Yuval Akavian

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't install Cortana on 8X as well. The problem I see is that I can't have English (US) as my phone's language & I really don't know how to set it. There must be a bug or something...

Settings: Language
En (US)
Regional format:enabled
Speech: Enabled

EN (UK)
Phone language : Enabled

I can't remove EN UK from there...grrrr

Yeah me too here with the same problem. I Have HTC 8x too :(((

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
In Ukraine and i got Cortana working from Advice on this website.No need for hard reset or what ever. Just follow the directives here and you should be good to go for those still have issues.
Change phone language to English USA
Speech---Download & use English USA
Keyboard ----Have only English USA(if english Uk delete & have only English USA. at least thatz what i did)
Under region and format----Make sure they are both set to USA and English USA
changing Language to English USA phone should restart from that menu for it to be enabled and check back for Cortana Sweetness...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro