Cortana's witty replies

bills pies

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
She recognises my British Yorkshire accent even in BETA, and I'm whispering! Lol
I don't like the fact that she doesn't talk to you when bringing up results from Bing, because siri does, she says "Here's what I've found on the web"

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Just a FYI if you have a "Me" contact(for separate emails for yourself or for w/e reason) she won't tell you jokes, stories, or anything that starts with "Tell me..." cause she'll go looking for that contacts number.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little let down, she has very good voice recognition but that's about it, not much interaction, she cant tell me where I work, if you have more than one weather location saved she can't tell you the weather. When I get a text she asks to read it but when I say yes she asks who do I want to text. Like others 90% of the replies are Bing search results. She wont respond or call me by name I have set for her, I've checked all my settings. Also its very limited on what I can add to favorite places, like my favorite Italian restaurant all I get is a Bing search and no way to add it as a favorite.

kdbseattle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue with just getting Bing searches. Is a hard reset truly required? Is there any other way to enable Cortana's witty response?

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
The witty response are not a problem for me. She just not as interactive as it looked on the unpacking, like I said she wont call me by name, she doesn't speak when I open her by the app or search button. I've put in my work location as a favorite as well as home and she cant tell me where either are or where I'm at if I'm at that location, I just get a generic "your somewhere around......." The rest of the time its just a Bing result. I asks her what's the weather and because Bing remember my home location and I'm not home she will ask what app to use weather or weather. I know she's bata but wow didn't know it was this bata, Jarvis works better at this point.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Let's just make sure we keep in mind that from the demo, MS has already said it's in Beta. We're already seeing a preview of what she can do, and what she can do now is already amazing enough as it is! Which means, it can only get better! :)

Let's just keep doing those searches, because as far as i can tell, the stuff we throw at her will make her learn and will in turn make her better!

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
The witty response are not a problem for me. She just not as interactive as it looked on the unpacking, like I said she wont call me by name, she doesn't speak when I open her by the app or search button. I've put in my work location as a favorite as well as home and she cant tell me where either are or where I'm at if I'm at that location, I just get a generic "your somewhere around......." The rest of the time its just a Bing result. I asks her what's the weather and because Bing remember my home location and I'm not home she will ask what app to use weather or weather. I know she's bata but wow didn't know it was this bata, Jarvis works better at this point.

Did you set work and home as "places" in Cortana's settings? She knows where I work.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you set work and home as "places" in Cortana's settings? She knows where I work.

Yes I did. I can ask her my location (home or work) I get a general area where I am. I can ask where do I work, I get a Bing search no voice. I ask her my name and I get a Bing search of names

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb