Guide to getting Cortana outside US.

Wajdos

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
When I resetted my phone, the welcome screen let's me choose language however there is no English (United States)? Any ideas why?

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Now, I can't et any access to the store, even after switching the settings back to 'normal'. Might have to hard reset the phone earlier than expected :(

SharkLaserz

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
When I resetted my phone, the welcome screen let's me choose language however there is no English (United States)? Any ideas why?

I also have this problem, weird...

Same "phone language" stuck at English Canada and no way to remove

Same, which is very odd.i even did a hard reset
. No option the either...

I guess I need to change the system language to English (US), but I can't. No option to change system language.

What phones do you have? HTC 8X owner here

Sunderwoods

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem on my HTC 8X as well. As far as I can tell, there is a distinction between the language used, the keyboard, the region and a separate "Phone language"....

Sunderwoods

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So, this reminds me of installing Windows 8.1 Dev Preview over the summer. My copy of Windows 8 was initially set in the UK, and Windows 8.1 DP was only available for US copies (I was actually in the US at the time, which just served to frustrate me more). After changing every system setting, refreshing and reinstalling Windows 8, I still could not get it to work. It turned out that there is a registry value in Windows that specifies a region that can't be accessed except inside the registry. So my thought is that HTC has stopped whatever setting normally switches some registry value. Thus, we are stuck with a particular "Phone Language" even if that language isn't used anywhere else in the OS.

So, registry time: go here [XAP][SOURCE] WP8 Registry Tools - xda-developers If you side load that, you should be able to find the registry value for this annoying "Phone Language" thing. Anyone want to try it before me so I don't brick me phone by mistake/by being an *****?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb