Guide to getting Cortana outside US.

Sajal Sharma1

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I recently found that Moto X has google now which can work even if the phone is locked. You just have to say "Ok Google". I was just wondering if the same is possible with Cortana ? Does anyone know that?

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I recently found that Moto X has google now which can work even if the phone is locked. You just have to say "Ok Google". I was just wondering if the same is possible with Cortana ? Does anyone know that?
They say it has a listening chip, a chip dedicated to listen 👂 to your commands always. The current lumias don't have this hardware

Andre-Omari John

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok...
Keyboard: US only
Language: US at the top, English UK says phone language & regional format are enabled, the latter on a restart; keyboard is in English.
Region: US, regional format matches phone language.

Still no Cortana for me. Oddly though, when I changed my language and region settings and restarted the battery went from 75% to 1& so I thought this must be the fabled Cortana battery drainage, but no. This is quite troublesome...

Sharath Ravi

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok, i've tried everything. I've got all the other 8.1 updates like notification center, data and storage sense but no Cortana.

Any suggestions?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
925 here and I just set it up scucessfully. Finally!!!!! I've done the same on my old phone (8S), but it has never worked.

OK, I need to talk to my new friend, now :)

Phancaar

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I am from India having Lumia 925 with 8.1 update, changed the region, speech & language to USA, then checked for update; update downloaded language update, installed it for approximately 10 minutes & restarted. Now, I have the Cortana app. Haven't yet played with it. Will let you know.

armandbsas

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

I have lumia 1020 (RM-877) with CV AR firmware. Even though I've done everything you say, I noticed that, on the last wp 8.0 update before going into 8.1 a English (UK) pack was installed. After that, there is no way I can change my phone language to English (US). There is no "delete" option for English UK despite having English US on top of the list.

Can anyone help me?

Stuifieee

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I could use some help. I set my region, keyboard, language, and speech to English (United States), turned the phone on and off but nothing seems to work. It's weird, because I remember asking her for predictions on the World Cup games, but then I changed the region back to where I'm from (the Netherlands), and now changing back doe not re-enable her. Using a Lumia 620. Honestly don't know if I'm on Cyan or not since my "extras + info" doesn't work, it just sends me back to the settings app.

Edit: I tried hard resetting the phone and that fixed it. Cortana is now activated. Yay!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos