The Problem with every Review about Cortana

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Almost every review I've read, with the exception of WPCentral of course, states that you have to hit the search button, then hit the microphone for it to start listening. Its like no one realizes that just holding the search button will activate the voice search!!!! Engagdet, CNET, GigaOm, etc... Come on people!!!!

Blakey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that it's easier to do with an always listening device from Google or just picking the phone up and talking to it with Siri. Cortana may be more capable, but the other two are easier to access.

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Only the Moto X is always listening (unless you're on the home screen on a nexus device), and the iPhone requires a long press on the home button after the screen is on.

Blakey.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Only the Moto X is always listening (unless you're on the home screen on a nexus device), and the iPhone requires a long press on the home button after the screen is on.

Not true. With the iPhone, there is a setting called "Raise to Speak" where you can pick the phone up, place it against your face like you're talking on the phone, and you can give Siri a command through that.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft has the always listening with the Kinect, a lot of people don't like it. Maybe they figured it's better to be safe and do it this way. It should be an option, but if it was, the whole internet would be like, "OMG, Microsoft is trying to eavesdrop on me talking about my cats!" Also, I believe that there needs to be additional hardware to allow the always listening feature. Maybe in an upcoming phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss