Cortana and Music

fr0ggaudio

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Simply saying "Play Pearl Jam" will play the artist, as it is a local file.

The problem is, she does not play any songs that are from Xbox Music. Has anyone found a way to play these yet?

Jimmy Jangle

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I dunno about that.

Don't know if this has been covered either. Just say 'Shuffle' and she'll queue up a random playlist and start playing it. Nice :smile:

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't think she works with anything that isn't stored locally on your phone. Which...kinda sucks. Unless Xbox music enables the 3rd party extension, in which case we'd be saying "music, play pearl jam"

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not an XBox Music subscriber, but Cortana can play my music I have stored locally. The only issue she/it has is when a song or band name is intentionally spelled incorrect or has a weird spelling. She can't quite figure that out yet, but other than that, playing music locally is possible.

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Cortana will play an artist if I say. "Play <artist name>", and some songs. It plays Desperado, but won't play Dark Horse. With the latter it complains about streaming music not being enabled. Although it is enabled. It won't however just start playing. I've tried "shuffle", "play my music" and other variations of. But it just does bing searches...

Rather annoyed.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can get Cortana to play an artist in my xbox music collection by using the "play" command. You can also say "what is this song" if you are in your car with the radio on and it will boot up the music id.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon