Cortana cannot connect while on WiFi?

welterbf123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I try to do a search with Cortana it says 'I can't seem to connect right now'. It only does it while connected to WiFi. While on 4G it seems to work. Does anyone know why?.....:cry:

Last edited:

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to connect while on WiFi - just asked her what she is wearing and she said "Just a little something I picked up in engineering." :smile:

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to make a thread about this...Ah gee :(
she doesn't work on Wifi...

I wonder is it just for searches. Can she still do reminders without wifi?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I just hit search and Cortana showed up. I typed "good chinese food" and got several results. I then tried a second search using voice: "Where is a good Chinese restaurant?" She gave me a list of 10 restaurants nearby.

It sounds like it's working at least for some people (like me). Could it maybe be regional? I'm assuming the servers are located throughout the U.S.

audidiablo

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work while connected to Wi-Fi for me here in North Carolina. Over the carrier it will work fine. Hard reset and no luck. Some msdn thread stated to turn on Wi-Fi sense and reboot, mime is already on and no luck.

Nokia Lumia 920

Cornercurve

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So I couldn't connect to wifi using an open wifi router at work yesterday.

When I got home and connected to my password protected wifi router, it did connect.

Back at work this morning and wifi will not connect again.

Something to do with different wifi routers maybe? I'm only guessing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12