HTC 8x with Cortana ?

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Guys on the back of each 8X, just above the charging port, but below the speaker there is some very very small text. On the line with model, right at the end there should be an alphanumeric model ID. Mine is C625e. Wonder if the model ids and ROMs/languages are connected somehow. Only thing I can think of that would cause something like this to happen.
Some more general information here:
xda-developers - View Single Post - HTC 8X Model Numbers
Checked. So is mine.

Davis Allie

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is C620e (unlocked international variant) NO Cortana availability. Microsoft should just open up the beta to the UK too and then all 8X's would have access. After all what's the point of having a beta if only one region can test the service anyway? They need to start testing in other regions anyway and it's not like the UK (and most of Europe) speaks an entirely different language!

eugen serban

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking in my about phone and it's different than above. (phone bought in Denmark):
- firmware ends in .401
- radio is 1.20b.32.13.04_15.67b.32.19
- SOC is 8260A (the one without LTE :( )

So I guess, unless HTC gives us the right firmware, I'm going for Nokia. Too bad, I think the HTC looks better than the Nokia.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, HTC has been having problems with the Windows Phone platform, support-wise, for years. Hopefully it will change in the near future, but no Cortana for the time being, it seems.

What about the HTC app? Did you manage to get it to work with a Start screen background?

Its not working for me either ... I'm also having a problem to change the PHONE'S language from UK to US .. i hope that its not something related to the hardware ..

DimitarStanev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine says c625e, which is either Canadian or from Singapore, according to the xda-dev page. I'd go for Singapore, even though it's supposed to be "unlocked".
What the darn, HTC... This is absolutelely senseless, why not let me choose my phone language, since that's an "unlocked" phone with "no" regional stuff added to it. Well, I really wanted to try Cortana, give it a spin, but I guess we'll all have to wait until the UK version is released... Or they will change it until then, and we'll have to wait until it's finally released, which will be in a year...
BTW I can find the cortana settigns page, when I do a search with Bing, but it just says Cortana is not available for this region...

DimitarStanev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, basically... Well, let's hope MicroSoft will release Cortana faster for regions other than the US... Since I really doubt HTC will do anything about it.

anon(8762957)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Basically, all of us without 4g devices (C620, Europe) are out of luck.
I bet ya all the C625a devices have the ability to use US English (since they are AT&T/bell devices, North America).
Not sure about the Singtel/Asian devices though (C625e).
And of course the Verizon/CMDA device is a no brainer....

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
i got the international Unlocked HTC 8x ( Got it in the middle east ) and i did try EVERYTHING to get cortana to work on my phone but with no luck
can't tell you how much disappointed i am about this, i thought that there is something wrong with my hardware or something, but after reading this tread i know that I'm not alone in this. i couldn't change the PHONE Language to english US no matter what i did.
ill post all the steps i tried for you so you don't have to try.

wp_ss_20140415_0001.jpg

.. i did the following :
1- Installed the English US language pack and moved it to the top and restarted my phone
2- Changed The region, Speech and Keyboard to English US
3- did a hard rest after the 8.1 update ( And this one what really made me understand this problem) .. when i rest the phone , the 1st screen shows up where i need to select the region/ Language i can only see English UK so there is no way - So far - to get cortana to work on out HTC until either MS release cortana to UK and Europe OR htc may release a fix or a frameware fix for their international phones. which i can't see coming really ...

Now about the OS itself, it works flawlessly on my phone except that HTC app which seems not working, thats all.

try to enjoy 8.1 without cortana :eck:

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I bet ya all the C625a devices have the ability to use US English (since they are AT&T/bell devices, North America).

Nope, I have a C625a from Rogers Canada, unlocked, and no Cortana, not even the setting page for Cortana...

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
mine is C620e .. 16GB and i got the same problem here .. No cortana for me.

DimitarStanev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I don't want to be a Negative Nancy, but I am almost sure HTC won't do jack to make it work. They are pretty low as a company overall at the moment, and the 8X is the last phone they've released which has Windows Phone, and it has absolutely no support. HTC is known to have crappy support, but this is just ridiculous.
I am planning to let them know how I feel about their product too... Deeply disappointed, I would really have loved to have Cortana. Really hoping someone comes with a workaround.

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Canada Unlocked Rogers 8X C625a and no cortana either. Odd thing is, those on Rogers as their provider can change the phone language to US with the same phone or so what I've been reading say. I"m on Koodo, so maybe it's carrier dependent with the Canadian variant?

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I don't want to be a Negative Nancy, but I am almost sure HTC won't do jack to make it work. They are pretty low as a company overall at the moment, and the 8X is the last phone they've released which has Windows Phone, and it has absolutely no support. HTC is known to have crappy support, but this is just ridiculous.
I am planning to let them know how I feel about their product too... Deeply disappointed, I would really have loved to have Cortana. Really hoping someone comes with a workaround.
Well, I'm still hoping for Microsoft to enable Cortana in the UK so we can use. We still got hope.

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Offically from HTC

"Dear ...,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

with regards to your inquiry , We apologize for any inconvenience that you are facing.
Kindly we ask you to contact Microsoft , the developer of operating system for more assist ,"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster