Remind me at location not working as nicely as i would like..

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Where do you live? I suspect that it doesnt work for me cause I live in Sweden. Region is set to US though!
I live in Bulgaria, I saw some people from US that can't get them to work either.

A potentially obvious point for those people not getting location reminders working, but some of you are saying you've set reminders for your location and are then not getting anything, have you actually left your current location then come back?
It's not a reminder for when you're at a location as such but is a reminder the NEXT TIME you're at the location, if you're at "home" and set a reminder to tell you something when you get "home" you won't get an instant reminder (because that would be pointless), it will tell you the next time you go to "home" having not been there.

FWIW, I'm in the UK and location-based reminders are working perfectly for me.

Of course I tried setting a location reminder which is far away from my current location. On my way back home I did set 2-3 reminders, but none of them triggered.

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried your home or work address? None of those work for me in Sweden. Location services are on and I am clearly at my work right now, both physicly and digitally according to my phone's map but the remider I set this morning is not going off.
I work from home, so that's a little tricky :p but I did ask Cortana to "please remind me to sort out the washing when I get home" and sure enough, I had a notification on-screen when I got back. I had the same issue for home though, I had to manually add the location using my full address including country. I'm not sure why as Cortana certainly finds the address when asked, but she's unable to pinpoint it on a map somehow.

What I have noticed though is that one or two time-based reminders did not fire. I asked her to remind me of something in an hours time and it was added to the calendar but I never received an actual notification or reminder.

Christian Paulin

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I work from home, so that's a little tricky :p but I did ask Cortana to "please remind me to sort out the washing when I get home" and sure enough, I had a notification on-screen when I got back. I had the same issue for home though, I had to manually add the location using my full address including country. I'm not sure why as Cortana certainly finds the address when asked, but she's unable to pinpoint it on a map somehow.

What I have noticed though is that one or two time-based reminders did not fire. I asked her to remind me of something in an hours time and it was added to the calendar but I never received an actual notification or reminder.

Ok then. I'll test this further, might be something with my phone. Asked my co-worker to test it as well.

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok then. I'll test this further, might be something with my phone. Asked my co-worker to test it as well.

Well, this is weird. I had to add another reminder for the preschool today but it didn't fire. I then, whilst there, added a reminder for when I left preschool and another for when I got home, none of which fired either. My daily three o'clock alarm didn't go off either. Guessing there are some bugs here.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Just as an FYI for everyone, you don't set the location in Here maps, you need to use Bing Maps. (which I think you need an app to re-enable).

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just as an FYI for everyone, you don't set the location in Here maps, you need to use Bing Maps. (which I think you need an app to re-enable).

+1 to that. Took me a while to figure that out. Cortana picks up the favorites in the Maps app, no the Here Maps app. Now on the Dev Preview 'Maps' seems to be on my device so nothing new to add.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Canada, and it worked really good the first time I tried it. Set a reminder for when I got home. I parked my car, walked in the door, took off my coat, and bam, got the reminder. So I set another one to remind me to grab my headphones when I left for work in the morning. I left the house and drove about 5 miles before the reminder popped up. I was already half way to work.

That kinda makes sense though. The reminder is not going to fire until you are out of the range of 'Home' so it knows you've actually left that location.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
+1 to that. Took me a while to figure that out. Cortana picks up the favorites in the Maps app, no the Here Maps app. Now on the Dev Preview 'Maps' seems to be on my device so nothing new to add.

I hope Lumia Cyan has Cortana associated with HERE maps instead of Bing maps. There's scarcely any detail on bing maps for my part of the world, so asking Cortana for the closest fast food or restaurant yields web searches.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After clearing out all the temporary files and doing a soft reset, the geofencing works. That said, I also used either "where am I" address or long/lat for locations, because the "addresses" in the map were not close enough to the actual physical location. It did work though.

redbackground

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
On the way from walking back to work from a nearby Panera, I told Cortana to "Tell me a joke when I get to work." (My work was already an established favorite place.) She seemed to understand, and saved the reminder. I'm now back at my desk, and so far, nothing has happened. I did another reminder yesterday for when I got home, and that time it did work, so I dunno.

edit:
Q: "What are my reminders?"
A: Bing search for that phrase.

I know it's beta, but c'mon.

Rodolpho Freire

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I need test but I found in the bottom of settings -> location has info about geofences and Cortana use this for aware of entering and leaving places, when I see it today it's saying not tracking, after disabled and enabled it come back to work again... I set a place reminder for tomorrow too see if backs to work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99