Is anyone else irritated that the voice-to-text feature is still outdated in comparison to other operating systems' services? Specifically, the part that is most irritating is the fact that I cannot tell my phone, "Cortana, send a text to mom saying, 'I'm on my way period I'll see you at home comma and don't be late,'" and have it produce a text message with the following text:

I'm on my way. I'll see you at home, and don't be late.

Such a feature has been available on iOS for several years now, and probably a similar duration on Android. Why won't Microsoft integrate that?
    04-14-2014 02:40 PM
    I really don't know what you are complaining about. I ask Cortana the following: "Send a text message to my mom" then it responds with "Text [Mothers name], What do you want to say?" I say "How are you" then it responds with some various options. This was all done with voice no tapping required.

Also, you should realize that when you speak your phone has to listen to what you say then process what you said then output it on the screen. It is doing this as fast as it can. It's a phone! It's no easy task to have it interpret what you say.
    04-15-2014 03:10 PM