Cortana and Alarms

anon(8561415)

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
No alarm function is working for me.. For some reason on my phone Cortana gives me error everytime I try set any type of alarm. "Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit." (8000ffff). It's been like this for the entire day. Is there anyone getting the same error message?

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
No alarm function is working for me.. For some reason on my phone Cortana gives me error everytime I try set any type of alarm. "Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit." (8000ffff). It's been like this for the entire day. Is there anyone getting the same error message?

Same thing on my device, I guess it's inevitable to have a few bugs on a beta app.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

PaulSmith9875

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I can get it to show my current alarms, create a new alarm, but not change one. If I say "turn off my 5:45 alarm" it replies "Your alarm is set for 5:45" and I end up with two alarms at that time.

A little fine-tuning will do the trick, I'm sure.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've tried every word combination I can think of and she just reads over the "that repeats every..." part of my command haha

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys.. Seems like no one figured this one out.. Here's what i did.. "Set alarm" she asks what time "1.25 am", then i set a different alarm "set alarm" what time "1.26 am"..
Afterwards, i wanted to turn off the first one so i said "turn off alarm" she asked which one and i said "1.25 am" she turned off the alarm successfully.. :)
if you want to view all alarms just say "view alarms" and then "turn off alarm" to turn one off

Try it this way and tell me if it works :)

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Good thought, ven07, but tried and still; no joy. Anything with "Alarm" produces the 8000ffff on my Nokia 1020.

I went through the entire menu of commands and she does everything else perfectly.

Funny, but on my Lumia 521, Cortana is 100% perfect - alarms and everything else..

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Good thought, ven07, but tried and still; no joy. Anything with "Alarm" produces the 8000ffff on my Nokia 1020.

I went through the entire menu of commands and she does everything else perfectly.

Funny, but on my Lumia 521, Cortana is 100% perfect - alarms and everything else..

Have you tried soft resetting the 1020?

I've seen a few people here say even a soft reset gives Cortana a kick in the behind...

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have not been able to create a recurring alarm, but instead of saying "create an alarm today 30 minutes from now", the more natural "wake me up in 30 minutes" worked great. I like that she understands so much casual speech.

copjake

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Cortana and I are on the same page when it comes to alarm, works like a dream every time I even try typing the alarm in the search and she did exactly what I asked. ( I said to her 'are you an *****" hew reply was " I'll pretend I didn't hear that" my wife and I was cracking up. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

anon(8561415)

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
So there's an article about this thread, and the comments there have the fix for not being able to set the alarm using Cortana. If you are getting the 8000ffff error every time you say anything with "alarm," you probably have a third party alarm app (in my case it was 627AM.) Delete that app, and it will work without a hitch. Simple fix! :]

taivui

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
To me, there is nothing wrong with Cordana. It is totally WP8. Set your alarm and turn off the phone. Alarm definitely won't work. There is no standby mode like all previous Nokia OS! At lease the developers have to allow user or Cordana to have an option to the standby mode. For now, you can't set alarm at 3am with phone off because it's not in the OS firmware. They have skip the WP firmware upgrade for so many time and I hope not this time because Cordana will not be happy and crash! I need it for my business trip. Good to meet Cordana.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs