News sources in Cortana?

doorpeep

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

Was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to add or remove news sources from Cortana "Top Stories" or "latest Political News" et al...?
i.e., if I prefer to see news from certain publications, and not from others?

thx!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

Was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to add or remove news sources from Cortana "Top Stories" or "latest Political News" et al...?
i.e., if I prefer to see news from certain publications, and not from others?

thx!

Have you tried adding a "News" item and manually entering the topics that interest you?

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Right, this is what I am getting at.. The topics are fine, but is there a way to choose which news sources you prefer to receive news from?

Right now no. I remember reading that MS and Fox News got into some kind of news partnership, god knows why. Since then I've noticed a lot of fox news stories on Bings news page and there's no way to filter them out. :eck:

SailRacerX

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to bump this. I've been looking for a while and can't find anything. It's definitely not tied to the Bing News sources I've selected elsewhere... If this isn't possible, I hope it is soon!

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just erased all news sources from Cortana's notebook, because regardless of what I think of the source presented, I prefer to browse when I have time for my news, rather than have it fed to me by an assistant. I really wouldn't use this even if I could specify news sources.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this again. With my new Microsoft Band, about 1/2 the news blurbs on Cortana are from Fox News. If I could, I would shut off the news alerts, but it's an all-or-nothing with Cortana.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos