Fox News in Cortana news results? (How to remove?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Meh, their news is just as good as CNN's. It's all pretty straight forward. Now when you get their talking heads involved that's where you can see differences. As long as it isn't MSNBC, I'm cool with any of the others.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts are that we will eventually be able to edit our news sources, just like in the Bing News app for desktop Windows 8. That feature probably hasn't been added yet.

I don't mind various news sources. I read news from all points of view and then make up my own mind, rather than only following a certain source.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually only get my news from WPCentral. The rest of the world can burn for all I care. :grin:

My thoughts are that we will eventually be able to edit our news sources, just like in the Bing News app for desktop Windows 8. That feature probably hasn't been added yet.

I don't mind various news sources. I read news from all points of view and then make up my own mind, rather than only following a certain source.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
People that say "Faux" News remind me of the people stuck in 2003 that refer to Microsoft as M$. I find both groups silly. I'm not sure why people would be so against hearing views that conflict with theirs. That's how you learn lol.

I assume that the ability will come in a future update to Cortana. My wish is that it would somehow sync up with your Bing News app and grab those sources. Now THAT would be cool.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
People that say "Faux" News remind me of the people stuck in 2003 that refer to Microsoft as M$. I find both groups silly. I'm not sure why people would be so against hearing views that conflict with theirs. That's how you learn lol.

I assume that the ability will come in a future update to Cortana. My wish is that it would somehow sync up with your Bing News app and grab those sources. Now THAT would be cool.

Yes that's it, people don't want anything to do with Fox aka Faux news because they are frighten of different views. Ironically, I find that is the typical stance of a Fox News watcher. I have no problems reading conflicting information when it is based on intelligent and thoughtful arguments. However, Fox News ain't it. Fox intentionally mislead their viewers to intentionally steer them to vote and believe against their own self interest. Also, Fox aka Faux news viewership are among the most uninformed viewers that watch any news.

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...est-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/poll-fox-news-viewers-less-informed-than-those-who-read-no-news
Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes
Jon Stewart says those who watch Fox News are the "most consistently misinformed media viewers" | PolitiFact

Most of the Fox Newsers that enter this thread will not click the links above or if they do they will dismiss it as liberal bias. Yep I love the liberal bias from Forbes and Business Insider, lol.

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
90% of the news on Bing, Cortana, anything to do with Microsoft or the internet for that matter, is left wing propaganda. People are so closed minded that they can't even tolerate a different view 10% of the time? I have to tolerate CNN, NBC, ABC, New York Times, LA Times, etc.... being forced down my throat, you can't handle Fox News?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
90% of the news on Bing, Cortana, anything to do with Microsoft or the internet for that matter, is left wing propaganda. People are so closed minded that they can't even tolerate a different view 10% of the time? I have to tolerate CNN, NBC, ABC, New York Times, LA Times, etc.... being forced down my throat, you can't handle Fox News?

I can't deal with flat out lying and that is 99 percent of what you get on foxnews and I won't have it on my phone from Cortana. I'll stand with Quek9's post. I'll switch OS's if MS decides to keep Cortana/Foxnews partnership going. I'm dead serious. I'll encourage my wife and daughter to go to android or IOS if they want Just not here.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

90% eh? You are too funny. There isn't anything wrong with different but there is plenty wrong with outright lies.

Karl Rove embarrasses Fox News when 2012 election called - San Francisco TV | Examiner.com

Dude had fox viewers thinking Willard was going to win, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99