05-14-2014 06:18 PM
58 123
tools
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove Fox News from Cortina's news feed. Maybe even add your own sources?
    Citizen X, Ludawyn, Jazmac and 2 others like this.
    04-15-2014 01:24 AM
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove Fox News from Cortina's news feed. Maybe even add your own sources?
    Even I am wondering the same. Can someone help?
    Ludawyn likes this.
    04-15-2014 01:25 AM
    THis does not seem possible yet :)
    04-15-2014 01:26 AM
    Title correction: Fox "News".
    EightMile likes this.
    04-15-2014 01:38 AM
    Yes, if someone figures this out, I would be forever in your debt.
    04-16-2014 08:55 AM
    You think there's any credible "news" sources? pshhhhh Wake up!
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    04-16-2014 10:54 AM
    Meh, their news is just as good as CNN's. It's all pretty straight forward. Now when you get their talking heads involved that's where you can see differences. As long as it isn't MSNBC, I'm cool with any of the others.
    chewfat, Reflexx and Vastustaa like this.
    04-16-2014 11:07 AM
    I got both Fox News and CNN.
    04-16-2014 11:13 AM
    I was looking to remove CNN. Please help!
    Ludawyn and TheZuneLune like this.
    04-16-2014 11:17 AM
    My thoughts are that we will eventually be able to edit our news sources, just like in the Bing News app for desktop Windows 8. That feature probably hasn't been added yet.

I don't mind various news sources. I read news from all points of view and then make up my own mind, rather than only following a certain source.
    TheZuneLune and TheJoester09 like this.
    04-16-2014 11:24 AM
    I actually only get my news from WPCentral. The rest of the world can burn for all I care.

My thoughts are that we will eventually be able to edit our news sources, just like in the Bing News app for desktop Windows 8. That feature probably hasn't been added yet.

I don't mind various news sources. I read news from all points of view and then make up my own mind, rather than only following a certain source.
    HeyCori and JamesPTao like this.
    04-16-2014 11:27 AM
    I'd also like to remove Faux News.
    04-16-2014 11:30 AM
    I'd also like to remove Faux News.
    Ditto. I have zero respect for Fox and their shenanigans.
    Ludawyn and JamesPTao like this.
    05-07-2014 03:28 PM
    People that say "Faux" News remind me of the people stuck in 2003 that refer to Microsoft as M$. I find both groups silly. I'm not sure why people would be so against hearing views that conflict with theirs. That's how you learn lol.

I assume that the ability will come in a future update to Cortana. My wish is that it would somehow sync up with your Bing News app and grab those sources. Now THAT would be cool.
    05-07-2014 03:37 PM
    Faux News, M$. This is typical propagandizing by liberals.
    tcmoon, bkabela, Reflexx and 5 others like this.
    05-07-2014 11:59 PM
    People that say "Faux" News remind me of the people stuck in 2003 that refer to Microsoft as M$. I find both groups silly. I'm not sure why people would be so against hearing views that conflict with theirs. That's how you learn lol.

I assume that the ability will come in a future update to Cortana. My wish is that it would somehow sync up with your Bing News app and grab those sources. Now THAT would be cool.
    Yes that's it, people don't want anything to do with Fox aka Faux news because they are frighten of different views. Ironically, I find that is the typical stance of a Fox News watcher. I have no problems reading conflicting information when it is based on intelligent and thoughtful arguments. However, Fox News ain't it. Fox intentionally mislead their viewers to intentionally steer them to vote and believe against their own self interest. Also, Fox aka Faux news viewership are among the most uninformed viewers that watch any news.

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider
    http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/m...orst-informed/
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/poll...o-read-no-news
    Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes
    Jon Stewart says those who watch Fox News are the "most consistently misinformed media viewers" | PolitiFact

Most of the Fox Newsers that enter this thread will not click the links above or if they do they will dismiss it as liberal bias. Yep I love the liberal bias from Forbes and Business Insider, lol.
    05-13-2014 10:08 AM
    I want this choice as well. If I can't, I'll get rid of Cortana.
    05-13-2014 02:10 PM
    90% of the news on Bing, Cortana, anything to do with Microsoft or the internet for that matter, is left wing propaganda. People are so closed minded that they can't even tolerate a different view 10% of the time? I have to tolerate CNN, NBC, ABC, New York Times, LA Times, etc.... being forced down my throat, you can't handle Fox News?
    chewfat, forked and Reflexx like this.
    05-13-2014 03:05 PM
    90% of the news on Bing, Cortana, anything to do with Microsoft or the internet for that matter, is left wing propaganda. People are so closed minded that they can't even tolerate a different view 10% of the time? I have to tolerate CNN, NBC, ABC, New York Times, LA Times, etc.... being forced down my throat, you can't handle Fox News?
    I can't deal with flat out lying and that is 99 percent of what you get on foxnews and I won't have it on my phone from Cortana. I'll stand with Quek9's post. I'll switch OS's if MS decides to keep Cortana/Foxnews partnership going. I'm dead serious. I'll encourage my wife and daughter to go to android or IOS if they want Just not here.
    koreatownexile and JamesPTao like this.
    05-13-2014 03:40 PM
    90% eh? You are too funny. There isn't anything wrong with different but there is plenty wrong with outright lies.

Karl Rove embarrasses Fox News when 2012 election called - San Francisco TV | Examiner.com

Dude had fox viewers thinking Willard was going to win, lol.
    Jazmac and JamesPTao like this.
    05-13-2014 03:49 PM
    I can't deal with flat out lying and that is 99 percent of what you get on foxnews and I won't have it on my phone from Cortana. I'll stand with Quek9's post. I'll switch OS's if MS decides to keep Cortana/Foxnews partnership going. I'm dead serious. I'll encourage my wife and daughter to go to android or IOS if they want Just not here.
    Ditto. I am pretty sure MS will change this. For their sake, I hope they do.
    Jazmac likes this.
    05-13-2014 03:50 PM
    I love all these "I will not accept seeing Fox News" comments. For many years I had endured MSNBC's relationship with Microsoft and their constant bias, but it never occurred to me to boycott MS based on the bias of MSNBC.

Intolerant much?
    forked, Jas00555, Reflexx and 3 others like this.
    05-13-2014 03:53 PM
    I love all these "I will not accept seeing Fox News" comments. For many years I had endured MSNBC's relationship with Microsoft and their constant bias, but it never occurred to me to boycott MS based on the bias of MSNBC.

Intolerant much?
    This. Liberal logic 101 - If the set of beliefs aligns with theirs then go ahead and indoctrinate us all. As soon as the beliefs do not agree 100% with them everything is seen as indoctrinating and should be banned from every aspect of life.
    05-13-2014 03:58 PM
    I have to say if the mere presence of news stories (really, just a few words of a headline unless you choose to open them) from a source one disagrees with politically is enough to get them to switch to a different platform then they really need to find something better to spend their time worrying about. If someone doesn't like news stories from Fox then don't read them. If you don't like MSNBC because it's liberal then don't read those stories. People crying about those news sources even being included in Cortana are so far out on the fringe I'd laugh at them if I were in charge of picking where Cortana gets the news from.
    05-13-2014 04:01 PM

I do think we should be able to edit our news sources.

Though I think the stance that people have with Fox News is pretty crazy, intolerant, and closed minded. These kind of people tend to be paranoid and see things that aren't there.

Sure, Fox News has some talking heads that heavily lean to the right. Just like most other networks have talking heads that lean to the left. Or in the case of MSNBC... HEAVILY to the left. But most of the news is just news. There might be a slant to it from a person's perspective, but that's present in all of the news services.

Some people are just incapable of handling views that are not completely in line with their own. That's a shame.
    nkaufmann, jevans911 and jfdavis17 like this.
    05-13-2014 04:06 PM
58 123