The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-17-2014 03:49 PM
72 123
tools
    Well I dont think the problem people are having with what is out now so much is she works so good for some and practically not at all for others witch is the majority and I'm talking about people in the US on US carriers.

Thank you and MS for the hard work on her.
    Yeah, I have taken a lot of the information gathered from here and sent it up the chain. The not working part is frustrating. I have been flashing/re-flashing phones all day trying to replicate the issue. I think I am about to run out of phones. LOL!
    DaT Franchise likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:17 PM
    Yeah, I have taken a lot of the information gathered from here and sent it up the chain. The not working part is frustrating. I have been flashing/re-flashing phones all day trying to replicate the issue. I think I am about to run out of phones. LOL!
    I dont doubt it!!! Well that is good that you guys see its not what is out now is what users like myself are frustrated at but more it works so well for others and not for some and I'm thankful that is being looked into.

A way to reset just Cortana would be very helpful but idk how hard at this point it would be to add that.

Could most of the bugs be server rrelated like what server the phone is pulling from location wise Orlando,Tampa,Jacksonville?
    04-16-2014 08:24 PM
    Agreed.
    Cortana can't answer simple questions like 'who am I?', 'Who are you?', 'What's your name?'
    It is still in Beta and should get better and better in months time.
    When I ask her "Who am I?" verbally, she returns a web page of stuff.
    When I ask her "Who are you?" verbally, she says back that she's my personal assistant, etc.
    When I ask her "What's your name?" verbally, she says back that her name is Cortana.
    When I ask her "What is the weather like?" verbally, she says back the current temp and whether it is cloudy or whatnot.
    When I ask her "What will the weather be like on Saturday?" verbally, she says back the weather forecast for Sat.
    When I ask her "What is the closest Chinese restaurant?" she says back "I found this Chinese restaurant", shows me a map and suggests that I ask her how to drive there.

She has more answers than my ex-wife ever had. ;-)
    Last edited by jleebiker; 04-17-2014 at 12:02 AM.
    04-16-2014 11:45 PM
    Cortana is as smart as the person using it. For the things I need it to do, it does a good job. Far better than my ipad ever did.. and this thing is beta. My question to the op is, all your posts complain incessantly about almost everything. Why don't you just quit?
    04-17-2014 12:07 AM
    whenever asking for directions to a certain place, Cortana is showing it on the maps but unable to suggest the route.
    04-17-2014 12:12 AM
    I dont doubt it!!! Well that is good that you guys see its not what is out now is what users like myself are frustrated at but more it works so well for others and not for some and I'm thankful that is being looked into.

A way to reset just Cortana would be very helpful but idk how hard at this point it would be to add that.

Could most of the bugs be server rrelated like what server the phone is pulling from location wise Orlando,Tampa,Jacksonville?
    Try doing this one

http://forums.windowscentral.com/cor...ard-reset.html
    04-17-2014 12:17 AM
    I think Cortana does everything that can be reasonably asked. I don't think she's going to pick up on my emotional state and ask me if everything is okay. For the time being it's an amusing novelty that might become more. She'll need constant updates to become what we want her to be one day. The acorn has been planted, let's hope it'll grow into that tree.
    04-17-2014 01:18 AM
    Works for bluetooth this way as well.
    Lol yes but do not try on airplane mode. Then Cortana will not work.
    04-17-2014 02:17 AM
    Agreed.

Cortana can't answer simple questions like 'who am I?', 'Who are you?', 'What's your name?'

Here are the screenshots of the same questions I asked Cortana

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140417_0004.png   wp_ss_20140417_0003.png  
    04-17-2014 02:23 AM
    Ask her " Who is your father?" after it replies you..., ask her again "How old is he?"
    04-17-2014 05:59 AM
    Well, it answered all those questions you listed above (except the "who am I question")

Agreed.
    04-17-2014 06:59 AM
    Hi,
    I've seen that employees of Microsoft have been raising questions on what could improve in Cortana. Sorry if my suggestion is not where it is supposed to be :)
    Cortana works flawless at all time. The most annoying thing is that she understands 1 out of 10 times when I ask her @What does the fox say?@, but today suprisingly she understood 8 out of 10 times. Maybe my english got better :) Dunno..
    But what I miss is the moment when I am browsing through my phone apps or surfing through it on internet, I often would like to ask Cortana to give me info on my next appointment or some bing search on some topic etc. SO, is it possible when u use some app or surf on internet, pressing the @Search@ button on the bottom would not lead you to an entirely new app @Cortana@ but, show some small icon that she is listening to you, so u can ask questions withouth going to an different app, and only then she will refer you to the result or just say what she found if you asked about calendar, alarms, schedule, notes. NOTES would be very handy to be taken that way..
    I hope my suggestion is not that lame :)
    04-17-2014 09:06 AM
    Hi,
    I've seen that employees of Microsoft have been raising questions on what could improve in Cortana. Sorry if my suggestion is not where it is supposed to be :)
    Cortana works flawless at all time. The most annoying thing is that she understands 1 out of 10 times when I ask her @What does the fox say?@, but today suprisingly she understood 8 out of 10 times. Maybe my english got better :) Dunno..
    But what I miss is the moment when I am browsing through my phone apps or surfing through it on internet, I often would like to ask Cortana to give me info on my next appointment or some bing search on some topic etc. SO, is it possible when u use some app or surf on internet, pressing the @Search@ button on the bottom would not lead you to an entirely new app @Cortana@ but, show some small icon that she is listening to you, so u can ask questions withouth going to an different app, and only then she will refer you to the result or just say what she found if you asked about calendar, alarms, schedule, notes. NOTES would be very handy to be taken that way..
    That would be really awesome!I would love for this to happen!!
    04-17-2014 09:17 AM
    Hi,
    I'll add this to my feedback report for today. :)
    04-17-2014 09:20 AM
    She gave an answer for almost all of questions:

Who are you?
    Who Am I?
    You are sexy
    Do you love Chief?
    etc...

No problems here, BTW she its very funny. I notice that, When I use her with Data Connection (which is kind of horrible sometimes) sometimes she can't processes my question and then give me a bing search, but when I'm on wi-fi 9 of 10 questions are answered
    04-17-2014 09:28 AM
    and PLEASE, ADD MORE JOKES !!! :D
    Talderon likes this.
    04-17-2014 09:30 AM
    Quotes from Cortana
    Who am I -> Web search
    Who are you ->
    - How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
    - I'm your personal assistant. You can tell me the things that interest you and I'll keep it in my Notebook. That way I can make suggestions and keep you up to date.
    - In short, I am your personal assistant. I try to make things easier to do on your phone.
    What's your name ->
    - Cortana
    - I'm Cortana
    - My name is Cortana.
    - You probably know it already, no? I'm Cortana

So she has no problems telling me who she is, also she sings.

Sing for me ->
    - Here's one I know: [sings] Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon!
    - [sings] Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
    She even sings something about pipes
    04-17-2014 09:34 AM
    Hi,
    First time using everything worked flawlessly. After half a day it started giving me bing search results only. Word has it that it is a server side issue. So I waited it out a couple more hours and it started working again.

As in "beta", it's not only about the glitching features but also connections to the server.
    04-17-2014 09:34 AM
    Cortana is already much more useful, to me, than Siri ever was. All Siri ever did for me was "call my wife". I've been using Cortana to set reminders, find info, and make calls.

I would like to see Cortana learn relationships ("my wife") like Siri did, though. Maybe it does, and I just haven't figured it out, yet.
    04-17-2014 11:09 AM
    Cortana is already much more useful, to me, than Siri ever was. All Siri ever did for me was "call my wife". I've been using Cortana to set reminders, find info, and make calls.

I would like to see Cortana learn relationships ("my wife") like Siri did, though. Maybe it does, and I just haven't figured it out, yet.
    On the Inner Circle, you can set who is your Wife. So when you say it: "Call to my wife" ... she will call for her.

You can also set 3 nicknames. (My Love, My wife ... etc)
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-17-2014 11:51 AM
    Also if you tell her to call your wife you'll be prompted to define your wife. This works for various relations.
    04-17-2014 01:16 PM
    whenever asking for directions to a certain place, Cortana is showing it on the maps but unable to suggest the route.
    She's able to suggest a route for me.
    04-17-2014 03:49 PM
72 123