Cortana isnt as smart as its advertised

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I've seen that employees of Microsoft have been raising questions on what could improve in Cortana. Sorry if my suggestion is not where it is supposed to be :)
Cortana works flawless at all time. The most annoying thing is that she understands 1 out of 10 times when I ask her @What does the fox say?@, but today suprisingly she understood 8 out of 10 times. Maybe my english got better :) Dunno..
But what I miss is the moment when I am browsing through my phone apps or surfing through it on internet, I often would like to ask Cortana to give me info on my next appointment or some bing search on some topic etc. SO, is it possible when u use some app or surf on internet, pressing the @Search@ button on the bottom would not lead you to an entirely new app @Cortana@ but, show some small icon that she is listening to you, so u can ask questions withouth going to an different app, and only then she will refer you to the result or just say what she found if you asked about calendar, alarms, schedule, notes. NOTES would be very handy to be taken that way..
I hope my suggestion is not that lame :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I've seen that employees of Microsoft have been raising questions on what could improve in Cortana. Sorry if my suggestion is not where it is supposed to be :)
Cortana works flawless at all time. The most annoying thing is that she understands 1 out of 10 times when I ask her @What does the fox say?@, but today suprisingly she understood 8 out of 10 times. Maybe my english got better :) Dunno..
But what I miss is the moment when I am browsing through my phone apps or surfing through it on internet, I often would like to ask Cortana to give me info on my next appointment or some bing search on some topic etc. SO, is it possible when u use some app or surf on internet, pressing the @Search@ button on the bottom would not lead you to an entirely new app @Cortana@ but, show some small icon that she is listening to you, so u can ask questions withouth going to an different app, and only then she will refer you to the result or just say what she found if you asked about calendar, alarms, schedule, notes. NOTES would be very handy to be taken that way..

That would be really awesome!I would love for this to happen!!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'll add this to my feedback report for today. :)

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
She gave an answer for almost all of questions:

Who are you?
Who Am I?
You are sexy
Do you love Chief?
etc...

No problems here, BTW she its very funny. I notice that, When I use her with Data Connection (which is kind of horrible sometimes) sometimes she can't processes my question and then give me a bing search, but when I'm on wi-fi 9 of 10 questions are answered

Sameer Chandra

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Quotes from Cortana
Who am I -> Web search
Who are you ->
- How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
- I'm your personal assistant. You can tell me the things that interest you and I'll keep it in my Notebook. That way I can make suggestions and keep you up to date.
- In short, I am your personal assistant. I try to make things easier to do on your phone.
What's your name ->
- Cortana
- I'm Cortana
- My name is Cortana.
- You probably know it already, no? I'm Cortana

So she has no problems telling me who she is, also she sings.

Sing for me ->
- Here's one I know: [sings] Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon!
- [sings] Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.

She even sings something about pipes

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

First time using everything worked flawlessly. After half a day it started giving me bing search results only. Word has it that it is a server side issue. So I waited it out a couple more hours and it started working again.

As in "beta", it's not only about the glitching features but also connections to the server.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Cortana is already much more useful, to me, than Siri ever was. All Siri ever did for me was "call my wife". I've been using Cortana to set reminders, find info, and make calls.

I would like to see Cortana learn relationships ("my wife") like Siri did, though. Maybe it does, and I just haven't figured it out, yet.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is already much more useful, to me, than Siri ever was. All Siri ever did for me was "call my wife". I've been using Cortana to set reminders, find info, and make calls.

I would like to see Cortana learn relationships ("my wife") like Siri did, though. Maybe it does, and I just haven't figured it out, yet.

On the Inner Circle, you can set who is your Wife. So when you say it: "Call to my wife" ... she will call for her.

You can also set 3 nicknames. (My Love, My wife ... etc)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb