How do I add a Favorite Place as location for an appointment?

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is obvious or has been discussed already, but how does one add a Favorite Place as the location for an appointment? For instance, if I have a spin class at my gym at 6 pm, how do I create this appointment without having to type in the address, etc.? Assuming, of course, that I've already saved my gym as a favorite location.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure you can. It doesn't look like the location field is actually an address field. When I start to type a physical address it doesn't autopopulate like it does in the maps app. At least I can't figure it out so far....

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried that but when I asked Cortana to set an appointment to the vet, I checked the appointment and the address field was empty even though the vet was set as a favorite place with an address.

Nate Murphy

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to figure this out either. I keep reading posts about Cortana telling people they need to leave for an appointment and then gives them the traffic update, but I've yet to see this. I have manually set appointments and used Cortana, yet no luck. I've even done tests with very easy places, like Lunch at Home (I've set home in my favorites to my home address in Cortana's notebook), or Work at Work (same with work).

She's yet to tell me I need to leave for work either. Any ideas?

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what to tell you, Nate... Cortana just auto-magically started telling me to leave for work yesterday, when I've had it going for a good week? I guess she has to learn your habits enough perhaps? Oh, and make sure that you don't leave for work during your "Quiet Hours".

wpuser87

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this was already discussed elsewhere, but besides favorite places, can anyone get Cortana to notify you when it's time to leave for an appointment, even when the full address is provided? I was never able to have a location being recognized in the calendar app (either the old 8.0 one or the new 8.1 one). Cortana only tells me to leave for work in the morning and home by the end of the afternoon.

Is it because I'm in the UK, but with the region set to the US? I've tried US and UK addresses, and none are recognized. I would love the calendar app to autosearch for location when you start writing it, the same way the Google calendar app does on Android. In this case you know that the location was recognized and Google Now actually pops up when it's time to leave.

Does anyone know anything about this? Maybe Talderon, from the other thread? And about the calendar app, do you know where to send a feature suggestion to Microsoft?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750