The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Is there a way to filter out sources or add additional sources to Cortana? I only see the option to add "interests". If not, I think that would be a nice option to add in the future.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Binson#WP; 04-18-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    Jowarman likes this.
    04-15-2014 05:45 PM
    Yess. THIS. I'm not likely the whole Fox "News" integration......
    04-15-2014 05:49 PM
    Seeriously. Especially the Faux News.
    Binson#WP likes this.
    04-15-2014 06:15 PM
    I know we can't be the only ones asking about this.
    Binson#WP likes this.
    04-16-2014 10:13 AM
    Not being able to curate sources really diminishes the usefulness of the News portion of Cortana, Daily Glance, and the Live Tile.
    ancolie likes this.
    04-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Agree!! If Cortana was customized enought, they would let us manage news sources along with weather forecast provider..
    04-18-2014 10:22 AM
    I feel like mine only ever shows me Xbox news and not anything from the other interests I added
    04-18-2014 10:33 AM
    Agree!! If Cortana was customized enought, they would let us manage news sources along with weather forecast provider..
    Yes, and hopefully the ability to choose Celsius bt default in the future.
    04-18-2014 10:46 AM
    Came here just thinking about this subject. Some New York Slimes articles popped up that I'd love to shed.
    04-18-2014 10:52 AM
    Not to mention, mine is giving me NHL news. NHL news is not news to me.
    04-18-2014 05:19 PM
    Yeah, I was quite irked when I saw articles from Faux 'News' and Crap News Network on my Cortana feed...wish I could change the sources.
    Binson#WP and JustinSalvato like this.
    04-18-2014 07:44 PM
    This seems to have gotten worse actually. I have the Band and as my Cortana alerts come in, 95% of them are from 1 news source - Fox News.
    02-28-2015 03:13 PM
    This seems to have gotten worse actually. I have the Band and as my Cortana alerts come in, 95% of them are from 1 news source - Fox News.
    Maybe the Band thinks your blood pressure was running a little low... XD
    02-28-2015 03:33 PM
    Cortana normally reads from your MSN News (and weather) preferences, so if you remove a news source from there or swap the Celsius/Fahrenheit it should reflect in Cortana.
    02-28-2015 03:44 PM
    Really bad since Fox News isn't even a News Network. They are registered with the FCC as an Entertainment Network. That's how they can get away with all the BS they be broadcasting.
    Binson#WP likes this.
    02-28-2015 04:25 PM
    Really bad since Fox News isn't even a News Network. They are registered with the FCC as an Entertainment Network. That's how they can get away with all the BS they be broadcasting.
    Fox has the most viewers in the US, MSNBC and CNN don't even come close. Cortana is simply gathering from the most popular source, it's not hard to figure out.
    02-28-2015 04:31 PM
    Cortana normally reads from your MSN News (and weather) preferences, so if you remove a news source from there or swap the Celsius/Fahrenheit it should reflect in Cortana.
    I have done both those things long ago. Neither of them have had the desired effects, unfortunately.
    02-28-2015 08:33 PM
    Fox has the most viewers in the US, MSNBC and CNN don't even come close. Cortana is simply gathering from the most popular source, it's not hard to figure out.
    Cortana is supposed to learn your personal preferences. I should be able to disable sources that do not fit my preferences. (as should other users)

MS does have a deal with Fox News where Fox News uses MS tech in their show rooms. Perhaps this is one of the ways Microsoft is paying them back.
    02-28-2015 08:39 PM
    ​Just shows how stupid most people are. Fox News is NOT a news network. Would love to have it off my phone.
    02-28-2015 08:52 PM
    ​Just shows how stupid most people are. Fox News is NOT a news network. Would love to have it off my phone.
    While I agree with the second part, I'd rather not resort to ad hominems.

Honestly, whether you like Fox News or not, we can all band together to say that we should have the ability to choose what sources we prefer and what sources we would like to disable.
    02-28-2015 08:58 PM
    Here is an example of how biased towards Fox News it is right now from yesterday night to this afternoon. 6/7 notifications were from FOX News.

2/28 - 8:04PM : "Girl, 18, hit with manslaughter charge over friend's suicide." - FOX News

2/28 - 8:37PM : "Three Missouri Shooting Rampage Victims identified as Members of One Family" - NBC News

2/28 - 9:06PM : "Leonard Nimoy, who died at 83, gets Vulcan hand salute from Space Station." - FOX News

2/28 - 10:02PM : "Reports of possible deal in DHS funding reignites chatter about Boehner ouster" - FOX News

3/1 - 7:49AM : "California couple dies hand-in-hand after 67-year-long storybook romance" - FOX News

3/1 - 10:46AM : "Completely blind dog returned to owner after 2 weeks in frigid weather" - FOX News

3/1 - 12:01PM : " Thousands march in Moscow to mourn slain Boris Nemtsov" - FOX News

The California couple one has popped up several times over the past few days.

This is representative of my experience thus far with Cortana News and it has become especially noticeable since I've been wearing the Band.
    03-01-2015 11:19 AM
    The same for UK Cortana. I don't want my 'news' sourced from red-top newspapers or The Daily Mail.

The most annoying thing is that I spent loads of time setting up the News app (I use Weave as my default), because I thought if I set-up my preferences through there, Cortana would 'learn' or at least use this when fetching news for me.

Annnnnd nothing.

So yes, managed news sources would be lovely.
    Binson#WP likes this.
    03-03-2015 07:38 AM
    Yeah, even though I have disabled Fox News as a source in the MSN News app, that's all that gets pushed to my band it seems.
    03-04-2015 12:00 PM