...She's all business.

Don't get me wrong - she does an amazing job at the administrative tasks I ask her to do: Set appointments, create reminders, provide weather reports. That's all good, but when I take the time to just chat with her and shoot the breeze, she's cold as ice. She won't tell me a joke, she won't sing to me. She literally won't give me the time of day. All she does is direct me to a Bing search. I'm trying to get to know her. Really, I am. I try to tell her she looks nice. Bing search. I say "hello" to her. Bing search. I ask her about her family, ask her how her day is going. Bing search. Bing search.

What am I doing wrong? I would really like to take this relationship to the next level. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    osoalex likes this.
    04-15-2014 09:19 PM
    It seems many of us are having the issue, and, my information may be wrong, a hard reset solves it, though it may be solved by Microsoft on the back end soon without requiring that.

When I try "tell me a joke" she responds with "I'm sorry, I can't find a mobile number for 'Me.'" Actually, I guess that is normal.
    04-15-2014 09:23 PM
    Well she sings to me and tells me funny things .....just give her all the info she needs about you ,like inner circle, interests, and the rest of them
    04-15-2014 09:26 PM
    My cortana brings web results instead of speaking. Anything I should do?
    04-15-2014 09:27 PM
    Is there any official statement about this issue from Microsoft?

Sent from my Windows Phone
    04-16-2014 12:33 AM
    It seems many of us are having the issue, and, my information may be wrong, a hard reset solves it, though it may be solved by Microsoft on the back end soon without requiring that.

When I try "tell me a joke" she responds with "I'm sorry, I can't find a mobile number for 'Me.'" Actually, I guess that is normal.
    The proper question is "tell a joke" at least for the meantime! all these things work fine for me! Probably just the phrase you're using to say these things. It may be more picky than usual at the moment due to bring so new and still being a beta, but it woulda fantastically for me! :)
    04-16-2014 12:48 AM
    Any of you guys find Halo Easter eggs? I recall something if your name is master chief. Just wanted to know what she says
    04-16-2014 02:08 AM
    When i tell her Thanks or Thank you she would occasionally say "Anytime. Chief"
    04-16-2014 06:43 AM
    my cortana is just amazing
    04-16-2014 07:01 AM
    Okay -- All is good now. Cortana has begun to chit chat with me! She's singing, telling me jokes, and making delightful small talk. I guess it just took some time for her to warm up to me.
    If anyone else is having the same issue I had, just hang in there and be patient. There is a lot of talk about doing hard resets to get her working, but I don't believe that is necessary.
    fallback likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:54 PM
    She just needs time to suck up things from the internet, am sure eventually she'll know more about us and she would only get better, from time to time she would provide me with new replies using the same questions since day 1 and it's surprising. So let's just give her time, she's awesome!
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-16-2014 10:54 PM
    04-16-2014 10:58 PM