Hi
    I'm use nokia Lumia 620 today I update my phone wp8 to wp8.1 but Cortana is not coming in my phone after wp8.1 update.
    plz plz help I am from India.
    04-16-2014 10:14 AM
    Change language and region to USA and English US

Sent from my Lumia 1320 using Tapatalk
    04-16-2014 10:17 AM
    And restart and you will find Cortana

Sent from my Lumia 1320 using Tapatalk
    04-16-2014 10:18 AM
    Yes bro I change my region to united states and restart my phone then press search key but show Bing search.
    plz plz help
    04-16-2014 11:29 AM
    Yes bro I change my region to united states and restart my phone then press search key but show Bing search.
    plz plz help
    Did you turn ON the app Cortana from settings??
    04-16-2014 11:31 AM
    No bro,how to turn on the app for setting?
    04-16-2014 11:37 AM
    Here's how I made it work, first change region and language to US then restart. After that move up English US in language settings(u can do so by pressing and holding on it).
    Now restart again then u will get a notification for 22 mb update(if not check for updates) then the usual system update stuff will comes like spinning gear. Once that is done and phone reboots go to app list and u will find cortana.
    Sameer Chandra likes this.
    04-16-2014 11:49 AM
    Go to settings -> then swipe left to go from system -> applications
    Cortana should be there at the top if you did everything right. Then turn her "ON" d:
    04-16-2014 12:20 PM
    But Cortana will available only united states?
    its not available in India region.
    04-16-2014 09:54 PM
    But Cortana will available only united states?
    its not available in India region.
    Did you follow the steps exactly? It should work for everybody.
    04-16-2014 09:56 PM
    Here's how I made it work, first change region and language to US then restart. After that move up English US in language settings(u can do so by pressing and holding on it).
    Now restart again then u will get a notification for 22 mb update(if not check for updates) then the usual system update stuff will comes like spinning gear. Once that is done and phone reboots go to app list and u will find cortana.
    I did the same thing as Athull did. I got it. Thanks a lot
    04-16-2014 09:58 PM
    I did the same thing as Athull did. I got it. Thanks a lot
    Np, its such a battery hog though I hope MS work on making it more efficient.
    04-16-2014 11:36 PM
    Yes, let us hope for more updates in the future
    04-17-2014 12:33 AM
    Yes, let us hope for more updates in the future
    I have Lumia 520 and updated to 8.1 region and language also changed to US but still cant find cortona app 😞 is it available for 520?? I can see notification centre and other features but no cortona..help😞
    04-17-2014 02:47 AM
    I have Lumia 520 and updated to 8.1 region and language also changed to US but still cant find cortona app 😞 is it available for 520?? I can see notification centre and other features but no cortona..help😞
    04-17-2014 02:49 AM
    I have Lumia 520 and updated to 8.1 region and language also changed to US but still cant find cortona app �� is it available for 520?? I can see notification centre and other features but no cortona..help��
    Hello,
    First check if you've changed your region to the US and change your phone and speech languages to English(US). Then do a soft reset and go to ssettings---->>applications. You would find Cortana there. Just activate it.

And yes, it is available for 520 and I am using it right now and I am not from the US
    04-17-2014 07:32 AM
    How to work Cortana after change my region set India?
    04-17-2014 08:20 AM
    Ok..thanks got it..the problem was with speech language. All type of languages have to English(US) and region US phone time to EST & I cud see cortona on settings ->application
    04-18-2014 05:39 AM
    Ok..thanks got it..the problem was with speech language. All type of languages have to English(US) and region US phone time to EST & I cud see cortona on settings ->application
    You don't really have to change the time zone. I have it on UTC +05:30, India and still have a fully functional Cortana.
    04-18-2014 05:48 AM
    How to work Cortana after change my region set India?
    You can't. Cortana only works when your phone is set to US. Follow the instructions above.
    04-18-2014 08:56 AM
    Doesn't matter what i do, i can't get Cortana to work. All set to US English; speech, phone language, keyboard, all. Did tons of resets, soft resets, nothing. Checked for updates, up to date.

Well, my english accent is really bad anyways so I think i'm going to wait until it gets released for spanish speaker countries :(
    04-18-2014 12:27 PM
    Doesn't matter what i do, i can't get Cortana to work. All set to US English; speech, phone language, keyboard, all. Did tons of resets, soft resets, nothing. Checked for updates, up to date.

Well, my english accent is really bad anyways so I think i'm going to wait until it gets released for spanish speaker countries :(
    What phone do you have? I heard that HTC phones are unable to run Cortana.
    04-18-2014 01:25 PM

Change the settings back to normal. Delete United States language then add it back. It will reboot. After that change the region to United states and select match phone language. It will ask to reboot again. After the reboot Cortana should come. Trust me, the same problem happened to me too.
    04-18-2014 01:37 PM
    I have a Lumia 925, Argentina variant, operator-free.

If I do a hard reset, it won't let me choose English (United States), the closest option is English (United Kingdom), so I had to select that. After the setup I set all to US english, keyboard , speech, etc, but there's no way to force the phone language to US engish. It wont let me remove the UK english, even if US english is installed and above it. The phone language won't leave UK english, even if I force the US english in the region settings, it wont quit using the US one.

It's just so weird...

PD:

I just found also have my problem, check: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-language.html
    Last edited by Hamberthm; 04-18-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    04-18-2014 07:46 PM