Cortana not coming after windows phone 8.1

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I'm use nokia Lumia 620 today I update my phone wp8 to wp8.1 but Cortana is not coming in my phone after wp8.1 update.
plz plz help I am from India.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes bro I change my region to united states and restart my phone then press search key but show Bing search.
plz plz help

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No bro,how to turn on the app for setting?
Here's how I made it work, first change region and language to US then restart. After that move up English US in language settings(u can do so by pressing and holding on it).
Now restart again then u will get a notification for 22 mb update(if not check for updates) then the usual system update stuff will comes like spinning gear. Once that is done and phone reboots go to app list and u will find cortana.

Sameer Chandra

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Here's how I made it work, first change region and language to US then restart. After that move up English US in language settings(u can do so by pressing and holding on it).
Now restart again then u will get a notification for 22 mb update(if not check for updates) then the usual system update stuff will comes like spinning gear. Once that is done and phone reboots go to app list and u will find cortana.
I did the same thing as Athull did. I got it. Thanks a lot

Narender Sharma

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 520 and updated to 8.1 region and language also changed to US but still cant find cortona app 😞 is it available for 520?? I can see notification centre and other features but no cortona..help😞

Sameer Chandra

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 520 and updated to 8.1 region and language also changed to US but still cant find cortona app �� is it available for 520?? I can see notification centre and other features but no cortona..help��
Hello,
First check if you've changed your region to the US and change your phone and speech languages to English(US). Then do a soft reset and go to ssettings---->>applications. You would find Cortana there. Just activate it.

And yes, it is available for 520 and I am using it right now and I am not from the US

Narender Sharma

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok..thanks got it..the problem was with speech language. All type of languages have to English(US) and region US phone time to EST & I cud see cortona on settings ->application

BioticCharger

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok..thanks got it..the problem was with speech language. All type of languages have to English(US) and region US phone time to EST & I cud see cortona on settings ->application

You don't really have to change the time zone. I have it on UTC +05:30, India and still have a fully functional Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb