Initial Cortana setup

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When I installed 8.1 and first started Cortana, she never did the first setup where she asks questions about you're interests and likes etc. I know you can go in the settings and add similar stuff, but from the videos I've seen of this initial setup, she asks didn't things compared to the settings page.

Is there a way to have her do this initial setup again? I assume a hard reset would do the trick, but I am hoping there is an easier way. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for any help

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
To be honest she only asked me what to call me :) I went into her notebook and added my interests manually.. It's working so far so I don't mind

doben

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine (german, unlocked, 820) and I (german, unlocked, 920) got the exact same problem. Asking for the name and absorbing the internet, after that it's done. Anything else has to be set up in the notebook itself.

I really wonder if the cortana experience is cut short without doing the initial Q&A - because I want the best experience.

So if anybody's got an idea why there isn't the proper setup with checkboxes and stuff, please tell. Hard reset should be a last resort only.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine (german, unlocked, 820) and I (german, unlocked, 920) got the exact same problem. Asking for the name and absorbing the internet, after that it's done. Anything else has to be set up in the notebook itself.

I really wonder if the cortana experience is cut short without doing the initial Q&A - because I want the best experience.

So if anybody's got an idea why there isn't the proper setup with checkboxes and stuff, please tell. Hard reset should be a last resort only.

The checkboxes and stuff will probably only happen after the public release

doben

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
But some people got this initial setup and others haven't, right? So I doubt that that's a thing that's coming with the official release. Especially since the preview is RTM anyway.
More likely some bug 🐛

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720