Cortan can't search comand "Where am I?", just search Bing's web, no location on Bing's Maps?

Shin Kyoya

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Cortan can't search comand "Where am I?", just search Bing's web, no location on Bing's Maps?

Hi, like title, when i ask her "Where am I?", Cortana can't search and show my location on Bing maps, she just show me Bing's web with so many "Where am I?" result :( (Nokia Lumia 520)
PS: Got same problems with "Find coffe shop near me","find restaurant near me" v.v..., she just search Bing's web :( I already turn ON location on my phone...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortan can't search comand "Where am I?", just search Bing's web, no location on Bing's Maps?

Hi, like title, when i ask her "Where am I?", Cortana can't search and show my location on Bing maps, she just show me Bing's web with so many "Where am I?" result :( (Nokia Lumia 520)

True, she won't be able to tell where you are until she figures out where you live :p it took her a day and a half to figure mine out

Shin Kyoya

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortan can't search comand "Where am I?", just search Bing's web, no location on Bing's Maps?

So how to get her figures out where i live??? =.="

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Something is wrong with your setup. I asked Cortana "Where am I" and she answered something like "I can't tell you exactly but you are at [street address]" or "you are located at [address]".

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

So how to get her figures out where i live??? =.="
If you want her to know you home, work and other important addresses, just enter them in "places" in Cortana's notebook.

casdio

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I have a problem: Cortana knows where I live but she never knows where I am.

I'l explain: if I use Here Maps, my gps location is 100% accurate. But if I use Bing Maps it says that I am 0.5 miles away from where I actually am.
And Cortana uses Bing Maps, so she also thinks I'm 0.5 miles away from where I really am.

Does anyone know how to solve this bug? Why do Bing Maps and Here Maps show different gps locations? -.-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon