Understanding the Cortana Live Tile

neogodless

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish this was a guide, but it's just a seed. If someone can help explain the options we have, I'd love it. Right now, it shows some headline on there that I'm not interested in, and the headline doesn't seem to change all day. Could I show the weather instead? What all can you do with the Live Tile, and how do you change how it behaves?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If you go into your Cortana notebook and tap "interests," you can pin some of the things listed there. For example, scroll down to "Weather near me" and tap it. From there you'll be able to pin it to the start screen and it will act as a weather live tile. You can do this for your specific news categories as well (headline news, sports headlines, etc).

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The tile should cycle through your news headlines and weather but not as frequently as probably it should. Maybe due being a beta.

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Only showing one news headline on my Lumia 521. Would be better to cycle through multiple headlines as well as multiple categories, i.e., weather sports, traffic etc. on one live tile rather than using separate tiles for each (if this can be done, can someone post instructions on how to enable it?). Still, a promising start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786