How do I get Cortana to read text messages aloud via Bluetooth?

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Agent Splurge. I couldn't figure out why this HTC One M8 wouldn't do it, when my older Titan II would. The advanced setting thing did the trick, I think. Now if I can only get Uconnect to not ask me the questions in Mute mode...

Kevin Leefarr

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes!!

Changed settings to DEFAULT in messages and restarted and she now reads them out with all the options.
Now, replying can be a bit hit and miss some tiimes and my diction is supposed to be pretty good. Something to work with though.

From disappointed to delighted in a couple of hours.

Next on the to-do list is.... Adding Cortana to the phone book so when I select the phone option on steering wheel I can communicate with her. Any ideas?

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes!!

Changed settings to DEFAULT in messages and restarted and she now reads them out with all the options.
Now, replying can be a bit hit and miss some tiimes and my diction is supposed to be pretty good. Something to work with though.

From disappointed to delighted in a couple of hours.

Next on the to-do list is.... Adding Cortana to the phone book so when I select the phone option on steering wheel I can communicate with her. Any ideas?

What messages settings are you referring to?? My L830 still doesnt work right, I get stuck on the 'send, add more, try again' prompt.

Kevin Leefarr

May 2, 2015
Visit site
In notifications - I changed mine to banners and all, except vibrate and tone DEFAULT.
Then when I restarted the phone she came on.
She reads every text now, in car on bluetooth and when not on bluetoooth. I have it set to ALWAYS.

Language and Country/Keyboard is all set to UK.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
sorry to bump an old thread but i cant find these settings in windows 10

can anyone help out ??? cheers
I've rolled back, but on the most recent build, I think you get to it by first opening Cortana's notebook. Don't recall the next step but that it was fairly obvious once you opened the notebook.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I've rolled back, but on the most recent build, I think you get to it by first opening Cortana's notebook. Don't recall the next step but that it was fairly obvious once you opened the notebook.

thanks mate your a star

Its notebook/settings and then its right there :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon