How to make cortana call your name?

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Cortana for 2 days now. But she hasn't said my name even once. I have chosen what she should call me in the settings. But she hasn't pronounced it once. It just appears written every damn time. Any help?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't appear to be programed in yet. Not sure if it's a bug, oversight or what. Often cited complaint. But this is a beta, so hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon. I don't think it's the biggest issue ever. She works, and works (mostly) well, and that's the biggest thing for me. Things like having a personality are flashy and nice, but the actual functionality is what matters most for me.

And seeing as her forgetting to pronounce my name doesn't hamper the actual functionality, I'm willing to let it slide in favor of new features and more critical bug fixes.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It's a mystery, that's for sure. Again, I think it just might be an oversight in the pronunciation software. But right now, the Bing team is running around like headless chickens to address some of the backend server issues, so I'd say this is probably a low priority fix.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd venture to guess they skipped the part of using your name in the beta because they have yet to introduce to her a way to dictate how to say your name phonetically.

One of my wife's BIGGEST complaints about Siri is that she is terrible in saying her maiden name. Say...for example...their last name was Wall-E; like the movie...and that is how you pronounce it. Siri insists on saying "Wall-Ah".... And their function to get her to change how she says it just doesn't work.

Full disclosure, it is a very popular German name and the "E" in German makes the 'ah' sound...but we speak 'murican!!! And even still why have the feature to be able to spell in out phonetically if Siri doesn't care?

/rant

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
dats coz wid a phone in your hand u dont need her to, its there on ur phone everywhere, ur glance screen, ur lock screen, ur home page :)
Yeah and with a phone that have maps ,weather app, etc. I don't need her to give me directions or other map related stuff or the weather for example that she does give. Your reply does not sound so coherent at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs