cortana on Lumia cyan update out of united states region

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Attention!!!!
Hello guyz,
I want to ask you all that can we also get Cortana out of united states region. (region change trick) on upcoming Lumia cyan update which is coming this summer. Because a majority of Windows mobile are out of united states.
All developers are invited on this thread.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Specification ? Why will cyan update block cortana ??
Cortana is from Microsoft not. Y Nokia so they have no right to remove it from the update. You can anytime change your region to United States and enjoy cortana :wink;

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but not more.
You wont be able to buy apps and suggestions will you get from united states in store.
And you must speak with Cortana in US English, which is very difficult to English speakers from India.

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Specification ? Why will cyan update block cortana ??
Cortana is from Microsoft not. Y Nokia so they have no right to remove it from the update. You can anytime change your region to United States and enjoy cortana :wink;

I'd like a few clarifications. :)

The Firmware that Nokia rolls out is country specific. So, when Nokia Cyan is released for my Lumia 720 in India, I need to change the region again to India(Currently using US), download the firmware, install it.

Once the installation is done, I can change my region to US and still use Cortana?

And to those wondering, Cortana is a dream to use even in India. Understands really, really well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb