Why Won't Cortana Answer My Emails?

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Cortana has generally impressed me as a pre-launch, near all-purpose application. But the most troubling aspect for me is her inability to take dictation for emails. I have been able to get her to launch my email apps, after figuring that "open email app" works better than "launch email" or "send email to". But even after getting her to open the email app, she just sits and stares and wants to do web searches instead. The dictation features are extraordinary for "send a txt to . . ." or "reply to txt". So I know she has the capability but she does't seem to want to take email dictation.

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what it is about the way WP handles emails that makes it problematic for attachments and now for Cortana functionality? I can see in WP8.1 generally, and with Cortana specifically, the effort to integrate Bing and all the commercial links and the dollars that drive that. But for me, my WP is primarily a mobile email device and then a phone, and then everything else (and the more the better). I really like the way the email clients sync and display on my 1520, but it continues to astound me that I have to do a fire dance to distribute attachments, unless its music or photos. And now WP doesn't seem all that focused on email with respect to the big-ticket feature of their newest OS upgrade. What, are WP's supposed to be a kid phone?

BioticCharger

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
It might be that Microsoft doesn't give that much priority to email, maybe because a lot of users don't use email except for work?? I don't know, I'm just speculating. I rarely use it myself!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss