Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you know how much Jen Taylor has recorded so far? There must be a pretty sizeable voice database by now. I think it's great that they've had her re-record lines with more emotion. Having her saying the same thing but with different mood/tone would be nice to have in the future.

Are there plans for Jen's voice to be used in all of Cortana's language? Currently Cortana will say things in Jen Taylor's voice (witty remarks, singing,etc) but will switch over to the old Tellme voice for contact names, temperature, sports scores, and so on.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you know how much Jen Taylor has recorded so far? There must be a pretty sizeable voice database by now. I think it's great that they've had her re-record lines with more emotion. Having her saying the same thing but with different mood/tone would be nice to have in the future.

Are there plans for Jen's voice to be used in all of Cortana's language? Currently Cortana will say things in Jen Taylor's voice (witty remarks, singing,etc) but will switch over to the old Tellme voice for contact names, temperature, sports scores, and so on.

Yes, Jen is re-recording a lot as well as creating new recordings. More of a "natural" feel will come to Cortana as she evolves.

As for the other languages, that is still in the upper mucky muck land.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine other languages with Cortana would mean recording other voice actors to speak the different languages. Unless Jen Taylor is planning on learning French, Spanish, etc.

I know, we're not to that point yet.

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I would like the UK voice to be male, Siri is male. I love Cortana, but I don't want some woman telling me what to do, if I wanted that I would marry one. Lol

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I would like the UK voice to be male, Siri is male. I love Cortana, but I don't want some woman telling me what to do, if I wanted that I would marry one. Lol

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around: You tell Cortana what to do. I don't think MS has plans to incorporate the role playing mode you're looking for.

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around: You tell Cortana what to do. I don't think MS has plans to incorporate the role playing mode you're looking for.
She reads my messages, tells me when to go to work, (randomly sometimes tells me I need to leave work early to get home on time, not sure she understands how employment works), she nags me to remember things when I get to the supermarket. Etc.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Will there be anyway to organize the order of the stuff that is added? I would like the weather and my company's stock info near the top when I open Cortana....entertainment news and other crap can sit near the bottom.

I can't seem to figure out how....if there even is a way...

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Jen is re-recording a lot as well as creating new recordings. More of a "natural" feel will come to Cortana as she evolves.

As for the other languages, that is still in the upper mucky muck land.

Do you know if natural language will come to more standard responses? Like, when she says, "Sorry, I didn't get that" or "The temperature right now is" or "Here are some restaurants I found nearby". These are generic responses that won't have any variation.

And the other thing is, I can understand reading a text message or a statistic with Jen's voice isn't going to happen, but are there any plans to improve the artificial voice as well? To match Jen's more closely?

Thanks!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that is running on my phone right now (internal beta). It will be released soon. It's a server side function, so no update needed on the phone side which will keep it from being held up by the update schedule.
Technology is great!!! :D

Hi Talderon, any insight into other visual/design changes or why it looks the way it does now? Was a pivot-style layout ever considered?

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Can you give me more details?

I have found that when I don't have my phone plugged in over night or if the battery is not well charged my alarms do not sound off. The only time they seem to work is when my phone is plugged in or batter more than 50% charged. It's still the same after the last preview update.

Lumia 521 WP8.1 developer preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb